Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] U23 playoff semi finals this Friday at the Amax.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Three of us booked in - looking forward to seeing our free-scoring young guns in action. And seeing them stick one on the Boro, of course :)

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
General U23 league matches are free to STH, but cup matches have to be charged

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I am considering going but being a 7pm kick off means it may be tight for Brother in law to make it . What is the normal or expected crowd for theses games?
Unreserved seating in West Stand Lower only. No other stands open for now.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
What's the atmosphere like for under-23 games? Is it as bad as those cup games against Colchester and Reading?

I'm almost certain I'm gonna go out of boredom, but I can't admit to my ego that I've got nothing better to do on a Friday night, so I'm gonna pretend to myself that I might not go until Friday afternoon.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
What's the atmosphere like for under-23 games? Is it as bad as those cup games against Colchester and Reading?

Well....

Those cup games had attendances of just over 6,000.

The three U-23 matches at the Amex Stadium this season have had attendances of 243, 411 and 236.

If you are going, it will be to watch our up-and-coming youngsters (and hopefully cheer them on), not to experience a decent atmosphere.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Well....

Those cup games had attendances of just over 6,000.

The three U-23 matches at the Amex Stadium this season have had attendances of 243, 411 and 236.

If you are going, it will be to watch our up-and-coming youngsters (and hopefully cheer them on), not to experience a decent atmosphere.

That'll do! Bet they don't open a bar for us. Although would getting pissed make it even more tragic

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I have no idea if it is, but even if it were, I doubt the club would publicise it in advance.

Guess not but it would be handy for us who live a way away. I did go and watch them play Liverpool in the Youth Cup a year or so back ( at Tranmere).

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Because the money goes to the caterers, not the club.

The club do get a % of sales from bars on match days

Do they? Enough to cover the matchday expenses?

Of course they do - I seem to recall it was 20% of the profit with the original caterers (although I can't find a reference for this now). I don't know what the current deal is and what the agreement is for non (first team) home game events such as these.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Of course they do - I seem to recall it was 20% of the profit with the original caterers (although I can't find a reference for this now). I don't know what the current deal is and what the agreement is for non (first team) home game events such as these.
The caterers pay the albion £× million in advance for the catering contract.

The caterers take all the proceeds up to a threshold of £y million.

Above £y million, then the albion get a further share of the profits.

We obviously do not know if the caterers have hit the £y million threshold at which point the albion get a cut.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here