Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] U23 playoff semi finals this Friday at the Amax.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
That'll do! Bet they don't open a bar for us. Although would getting pissed make it even more tragic

There should be at least one kiosk open. And nothing tragic about going to watch the U23s on a Friday night! I'll be watching the Albion in three different guises this weekend and very much looking forward to it. A little obsessive maybe...

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
The caterers pay the albion £× million in advance for the catering contract.

The caterers take all the proceeds up to a threshold of £y million.

Above £y million, then the albion get a further share of the profits.

We obviously do not know if the caterers have hit the £y million threshold at which point the albion get a cut.

Thanks for the updated info. Can you provide the source?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
There should be at least one kiosk open. And nothing tragic about going to watch the U23s on a Friday night! I'll be watching the Albion in three different guises this weekend and very much looking forward to it. A little obsessive maybe...

You're the enabler I needed. Let's drink eight pints while hanging around waiting for autographs beforehand

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Thanks for the updated info. Can you provide the source?
I read it when the contract was announced, and didn't note down the link at the time.

It isn't important enough to me to spend the time googling for it, but it must be out there somewhere.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ignore, I found the answer

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The caterers pay the albion £× million in advance for the catering contract.

The caterers take all the proceeds up to a threshold of £y million.

Above £y million, then the albion get a further share of the profits.

We obviously do not know if the caterers have hit the £y million threshold at which point the albion get a cut.

I'd be amazed if they didn't get beyond the threshold this season. We've had 30k+ attendances pretty much all season. At various points, there have been no pies in the WSU, so their wares haven't exactly been sitting around gathering dust.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Got my ticket for Friday, I'll swing by from London on the way home.

I hope the trains are ok going home after...... and the rain has stopped by the time I get there.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Of course they do - I seem to recall it was 20% of the profit with the original caterers (although I can't find a reference for this now). I don't know what the current deal is and what the agreement is for non (first team) home game events such as these.

Sodexo manage ALL the catering in the stadium and at Lancing. That's for first team matches, corporate functions, personal functions, REMF quizzes - the lot. And all catering staff are employed, whether part- or full-time, by the caterers.

I understand the tender is up for renewal this summer. While not being at the top of their priorities, I did write to Paul Barber a couple of weeks ago strongly urging any future catering contract to do away with - or at least look to do away with - single-use plastics, without passing any increased charges on to us.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
So if we get to the final is it a one off at a neutral venue or a 2 legged affair?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Sodexo manage ALL the catering in the stadium and at Lancing. That's for first team matches, corporate functions, personal functions, REMF quizzes - the lot. And all catering staff are employed, whether part- or full-time, by the caterers.

I know, but you didn't seem aware that the club gets a share of the profits. Also, it's possible that there are different agreements for ad hoc events.

I understand the tender is up for renewal this summer. While not being at the top of their priorities, I did write to Paul Barber a couple of weeks ago strongly urging any future catering contract to do away with - or at least look to do away with - single-use plastics, without passing any increased charges on to us.

Where you do understand from? According to the below link, Sodexo won a five-year contract in 2013, but in 2014 an extension was agreed: https://uk.sodexo.com/home/media/pr...s-releases/sodexo-breaks-brighton-record.html

I would be pleased if the club took action on single use plastics. Be interesting to know what actually happens with the recycling or whether it's just for show, given all the mixing of recyclables and non-recyclables that very obviously takes place in the bins, which would need to be separated.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So if we get to the final is it a one off at a neutral venue or a 2 legged affair?

Single game. The Venue will depend on the relative final league positions of the clubs involved.

so, if Villa prevail v Reading in the other semi-final, they will have home advantage as they finished 2nd. If Reading win, whoever wins our game will have home advantage as Reading finished 5th.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I have just purchased two tickets and the guy said about 450 have been sold and it would e nice to get to 500. This has to be better than watching the tele.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I have just purchased two tickets and the guy said about 450 have been sold and it would e nice to get to 500. This has to be better than watching the tele.

Just under two hundred left just now.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I know, but you didn't seem aware that the club gets a share of the profits. Also, it's possible that there are different agreements for ad hoc events.

I know the club has a small share in the profits. But nothing like - in this instance (which was the original point being made) - enough to consider that the beer / food consumption will cover a free entry cost.

And no, it's not different for other non-matchday arrangements. The club itself undertakes no catering duties. For example, REMF has to pay Sodexo - not the Albion - for use of the Heineken Lounge for the Quiz Night. Thankfully, the club meet those costs for us - a very generous offer from them.

Where you do understand from? According to the below link, Sodexo won a five-year contract in 2013, but in 2014 an extension was agreed: https://uk.sodexo.com/home/media/pr...s-releases/sodexo-breaks-brighton-record.html

The chief executive of Brighton & Hove Albion FC.

I would be pleased if the club took action on single use plastics. Be interesting to know what actually happens with the recycling or whether it's just for show, given all the mixing of recyclables and non-recyclables that very obviously takes place in the bins, which would need to be separated.

I'd hope one of those things considered is clearer marking as to where recyclables and non-recyclables go.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have just downloaded my tickets and it doesn't show and entrance no just West Lower (Unreserved) Row and Seat No In where in West Lower Concourse is this area in order to save me searching in the wrong area? Many thanks I must admit I have never had reason to look for this area as I always go straight to the gangway to my seats, so it may well be well sign posted.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here