Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Most of us are in favour of organ donation right?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I used to teach Med students about trauma management and I'd be lucky to get away without one of them defibbing me or stabbing me with a cannula.

You probably deserved it. :mad::lolol:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
In your experience, medical students abused human tissue donated for educational purposes? I hope you reported it. And what exactly was your experience?

Mate. Just stop it.

You're obviously some jumped up lab tech with aspirations.

I don't know you, obviously, but you have all sorts of sneer about you. And I don't like it.

If you have a serious point about ethics, medicine or academia then make it or shut the **** up.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
It is the way it feels to some people. The state can decide what happens to their body organs when they are no longer capable of making their own decisions. I want to donate but can't as I am exempt. If I could donate, I would love to do so. But I want to gift them, not have the state decide I have to opt out or make no decision at all, leaving me unable to gift my organs.

It is the same for receiving an organ. The gift of life would be difficult for me, if I thought an organ I had received had not been actively decided to be gifted.

The reason I don’t get your point is that you say ‘the state’ while I’m thinking ‘kind, compassionate doctors & nurses empowered to do their best for everyone, absolutely everyone’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
And stop with the Smilies HWT.

Are you having a laugh?

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
This is all 'whatiffery' nonsense, sorry. It has no relationship with reality.

Anyway, back to your original premise: would I accept someone else's cock and balls? If it all had improved hydraulics, sensitivity and flying buttresses then, if needs dictated, definitely.

And would you gift your own private parts? Let them live on and go on to experience happy times without you?

'whatiffery' nonsense, until a person is in the situation then it is very real....

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
After considering the person dying, who is thought about as the next priority?

I.e. Person is dying and will die in the next two hours. Should the relatives live five hours away, do you decided to say we will wait for the relatives to arrive or say that they will be dead anyway so lets just save the recipient.

Ok now I understand. The family would need to come to terms with the situation and agree to donation, this takes time. The donor would need to be a candidate for organ donation, with recipients identified, this takes time. Once cleared they are ‘optimised’ for organ harvest surgery. This takes time. The surgery, depending on organs selected, takes time. No hospital ethics committee would allow hasty decisions such as the one you describe.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
And would you gift your own private parts? Let them live on and go on to experience happy times without you?

'whatiffery' nonsense, until a person is in the situation then it is very real....

His private parts? They have a life of their own...apparently they "like" my posts.

Guys' a tit.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Why not? I'd be dead. Why should I care? :shrug:

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Ok now I understand. The family would need to come to terms with the situation and agree to donation, this takes time. The donor would need to be a candidate for organ donation, with recipients identified, this takes time. Once cleared they are ‘optimised’ for organ harvest surgery. This takes time. The surgery, depending on organs selected, takes time. No hospital ethics committee would allow hasty decisions such as the one you describe.

Ok thanks, and you don't see this changing in future times?

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Why not? I'd be dead. Why should I care? :shrug:

Brain dead but not completely dead until after they have been removed. I was interested how men would feel, thank you for your response.

It was supposed to be about humour but the thread changed as I was naive and now see this is not a subject men find humour in.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yea of course we did are you mental

So you abused human tissue as a medical student, and as a consequence you have reservations about organ donation? Nice. :shrug:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Calm down dear.

OK. I will try..just once..but I'll try.

If one comes on NSC with an opinion, no matter how ridiculous or badly spelled or grammatically asymmetrical it may be...it's their opinion.

No one needs to be sneered at, corrected or minimised unless and until they breach the rules of this forum.

Every post of yours that I read seems to be snide, disrespectful, boastful or superior. Maybe I'm wrong...but I think you need to get out more and stop looking down your nose at the other posters on here.

So what if someone doesn't want to donate their organs, who gives a shit if you are an expert on hearts..sorry..in hearts.

We all follow the Albion. I am no better or worse than you and vice-versa.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
OK. I will try..just once..but I'll try.

If one comes on NSC with an opinion, no matter how ridiculous or badly spelled or grammatically asymmetrical it may be...it's their opinion.

No one needs to be sneered at, corrected or minimised unless and until they breach the rules of this forum.

Every post of yours that I read seems to be snide, disrespectful, boastful or superior. Maybe I'm wrong...but I think you need to get out more and stop looking down your nose at the other posters on here.

So what if someone doesn't want to donate their organs, who gives a shit if you are an expert on hearts..sorry..in hearts.

We all follow the Albion. I am no better or worse than you and vice-versa.

Thank you. I appreciate your reply. I'm sorry that I've rubbed you up the wrong way.

This looks to me like a classic example of how a bit of mucking about between people who do not know one another can get out of hand on an anonymous forum. Those who do (sort of) know me and my sensa fumer would not have got so aeriated, but you don't, so I apologise.

I had abolutely no idea why you started to have a pop at me, actually. My spelling is poor, certainly (ahem). But this thread was 'about' organ donation, and I have strong views about this and have as much right to state them as the guy who said 'no'.

Obviously I'm aghast that you have built up some sort of personality identikit for me (snooty lab technician or whatever). If you have a genuine distaste, then just block me. Don't stalk me! I'm really not worth it.

Anyway, I suspect this is all just a misunderstanding. I suspect you are a lot like me - a stubborn b'stard who won't back down. My laptop won't let me do emojis right now so have a 'bowdown' and a 'thumbsup'.

(I am having massive problems with my lapop - apols if this post appears multiple times)...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
nope nice try but at least you have now acknowledged that it does happen

I don't accept your reasoning. I have not acknowledged anything. You (apparently falsely) gave the impression you abused human tissue as a medical student. I did not acknowledge that you did. I am not saying it has never happened, but equally I am not saying it does now, let alone is commonplace as you imply, and therefore a reason to not donate an organ, any more than I would argue that we should close all schools because sometimes teachers abuse pupils (etc etc).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Brain dead but not completely dead until after they have been removed. I was interested how men would feel, thank you for your response.

It was supposed to be about humour but the thread changed as I was naive and now see this is not a subject men find humour in.

It got side tracked. No worries. Such is life (and NSC) :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here