Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Famous Singers on others' records

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’d add Joe Cocker to any list of standout British “ soul” singers

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Linda Lewis provided backing vocals on Bowie's Aladdin Sane album but my favourite clip of her is providing backing vocals for Terry Reid at the first Glastonbury Festival.

She makes her entrance at 6.29 just after the naked bouncing breasts on the girl on the motorcyle.

This is a brilliant performance from Lewis and Terry Reid, the man who famously turned down the offer to become the lead vocalist for Led Zeppelin.

https://youtu.be/updTFU9IqIg

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Jimmy Page apparently played on some mid 60s Everly Bros songs.
‘Hard Hard Year’ being one of them.

I am sure I herd that Jimmy Page played on hundreds of other people's songs in the sixties after all he was a session musician before making it big

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I am sure I herd that Jimmy Page played on hundreds of other people's songs in the sixties after all he was a session musician before making it big

He sure did

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
**A session musician named Raphael Ravenscroft - and yes, I did have to look that one up. Not related to John "Ravenscroft actually" Peel as far as I know. Apparently he got paid £27 for it and the cheque bounced...

Raf Ravenscroft had a perfectly acceptable pop record of his own, "Maxine", in 1983. Despite some nice sax, it failed to sell many copies. But the vocals were by Noel McCalla of Manfred Mann's Earth Band (1991-2009).

Sadly, Noel McCalla is also known for this: http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/11560266.Rock_singer_who_falsely_imprisoned_girl_in_hotel_room_40_years_ago_given_community_service/

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
The Bee Gees on Chain Reaction (mind you, I think they wrote it).

Neil Tennant and Neil Hannon are backing vocalists on Robbie Williams' No Regrets also.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here