Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool v Roma

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I do wonder if these same set of fans who smashed up the Manchester City team bus gave Roma's nutters an excuse to travel over? I sincerely hope the Scouser pulls through. Cowardly attack. :down:

No I don't think there is any connection at all. There has been bad blood between Roma and Liverpool since the 1984 final and even a cursory internet search will show you that Roma have a long track record of attacking and stabbing English fans. This is just the latest episode. The "Scouser" in question is a 53 year old visitor from Ireland and this is pretty typical of Italian hooliganism which concentrates on soft targets.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Agreed.
As sickening as the premeditated and orchestrated campaign to threaten the lives of the whole Man C matchday squad and officials by raining a barrage of cans, bottles and bricks down on them for some considerable distance before they reached the safety of the ground.

I don't wish to denigrate the attacking of a coach by thugs, but I have been right by the window of our coach when it was hit by a brick, when leaving Northampton. My life wasn't in danger.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Superb performance by Liverpool. I wasn't bothered about watching, didn't turn it on until the 25th minute, then when Liverpool scored, my left arm thrust involuntarily into the air, and I realised their sublime football had sucked me in to supporting them. As for that atmosphere, whether you like them or not, there's nowhere else like it in the country .

If you are happy to listen to tasteless and boorish booing and whistling, every time the opposition touch the ball, then fine, up until the point when the opposition get on top and then it goes remarkably quiet. And what the hell has " The Fields of Athenry " got to do with football. We all know the history of the city and its Irish ancestry. Why don't they sing " Danny Boy " or " Sweet Mollie Malone " rather than a folk ballad about the potato famine.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I don't wish to denigrate the attacking of a coach by thugs, but I have been right by the window of our coach when it was hit by a brick, when leaving Northampton. My life wasn't in danger.

Whilst i agree with you on the whole, if coach driver to gets spooked by a brick hitting his windscreen/window and swerves sideways, even momentarily, then lives outside the coach definitely are in danger.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Agreed.
As sickening as the premeditated and orchestrated campaign to threaten the lives of the whole Man C matchday squad and officials by raining a barrage of cans, bottles and bricks down on them for some considerable distance before they reached the safety of the ground.

"campaign to threaten the lives of the whole Man C matchday squad"? Hyperbole like that should get a job writing for the Daily Express! Some bottles bouncing of a 20 ton bus is hardly life threatening.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
If you are happy to listen to tasteless and boorish booing and whistling, every time the opposition touch the ball, then fine, up until the point when the opposition get on top and then it goes remarkably quiet. And what the hell has " The Fields of Athenry " got to do with football. We all know the history of the city and its Irish ancestry. Why don't they sing " Danny Boy " or " Sweet Mollie Malone " rather than a folk ballad about the potato famine.

It's a good song.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

It might be if a missile that night had gone through the windscreen, causing the driver to lose control and crash. ( and potentially run into groups of fans going to the game )

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
"campaign to threaten the lives of the whole Man C matchday squad"? Hyperbole like that should get a job writing for the Daily Express! Some bottles bouncing of a 20 ton bus is hardly life threatening.

Some bottles!
Over 700 missiles struck the coach and a number of others missed. A vehicle worth over £1m was put out of action. Are you telling me that those on board were not the slightest bit spooked by events outside and were not subsequently unsettled?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Humanity at it's very worst on many levels , people would rather now whip out their mobiles and film rather than help somebody being beaten to death ! the worlds gone bloody mad .

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Agreed.
I get the feeling you dislike LFC from this and other posts!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Roma are a very good side in Italy.. we may need a couple more but a clean sheet is essential.
Salah is great, but if you grew up watching, KD, KK, IR, RF etc... he’s in very good company.

First three players were brilliant in their day, unsure about who RF is, sorry. Can remember watching Hughes, Case, Thompson, Fairclough etc so I have a great deal of respect for the Liverpool of old, a brilliant team. Klopp is a class act, ambitious, entertaining, honest, passionate and a great positive for LFC.

Shame the Scouse fans are still doing the same shit they always have done, like others, but are still in denial.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
First three players were brilliant in their day, unsure about who RF is, sorry. Can remember watching Hughes, Case, Thompson, Fairclough etc so I have a great deal of respect for the Liverpool of old, a brilliant team. Klopp is a class act, ambitious, entertaining, honest, passionate and a great positive for LFC.

Shame the Scouse fans are still doing the same shit they always have done, like others, but are still in denial.

RF is Robbie Fowler.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Robbie Fowler?
[MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] - damn you! :bowdown:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Humanity at it's very worst on many levels , people would rather now whip out their mobiles and film rather than help somebody being beaten to death ! the worlds gone bloody mad .

Quite. I was also appalled at the number of 'Liverpool fans' in the front rows filming Oxlade Chamberlain being stretchered past them after he went off with what looks like a season and world cup ending injury. WTF??? Does that happen at the Amex (I am up in WSU)?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here