Sausage
Kraftwerk CD
An Audi

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Zlatko Junuzovic ? ???

Leaving Werder Bremen on a free for a 'new challenge'.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I would be going back to Ingolstadt for Sonny Kittel - Groß replacement. Younger, arguably more potential and had a storming season m.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Right, based on last season's modus operandi, I'm looking at the best players at (almost certainly) relegated FC Koln.

We'll have:

Timo Horn - 6'4", 24 year old keeper, 162 Koln matches, and German international at every age group. Genuine competition for our No.1 shirt.

Jonas Hector - 27 year old 36-cap German international left back. Bit ambitious this one.

Yuyo Osaka - 27 year old Japanese striker, 7 goals in 20 for the Blue Samurai. Chosen purely because I WANT a Japanese striker.

Tim Handwerker - 19 year old German youth international defender. Development squad signing, purely based on his brilliant NAME.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Right, based on last season's modus operandi, I'm looking at the best players at (almost certainly) relegated FC Koln.

We'll have:

Timo Horn - 6'4", 24 year old keeper, 162 Koln matches, and German international at every age group. Genuine competition for our No.1 shirt.

Jonas Hector - 27 year old 36-cap German international left back. Bit ambitious this one.

Yuyo Osaka - 27 year old Japanese striker, 7 goals in 20 for the Blue Samurai. Chosen purely because I WANT a Japanese striker.

Tim Handwerker - 19 year old German youth international defender. Development squad signing, purely based on his brilliant NAME.

Top Scouting. Hector would be class.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

We'll have:

Don't need.
Too old
Too old
Too young.

Although the modus operandi is sound.

We can expect Winstano to be packed off to mainland Europe with a railcard in one hand and a blank contract in the other.

The bigger the league the further down the pecking order he'll be shopping.
Germany, Spain & Italy = relegated teams.
France = mid table
The others = top end teams.

He's unlikely to venture too far north or south, so Scandinavia, Greece and Turkey are all off the radar.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Scandinavia - off the radar.

Not sure what you base that on? For the development squad in particular, Scandinavia has been a prime hunting ground.

Bjordal, Normann, Lubicic, Gyokeres in the last year or two, plus Agdestien, Hambo, Asmundssen and Mar Larussen before them :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not sure what you base that on? For the development squad in particular, Scandinavia has been a prime hunting ground.

Bjordal, Normann, Lubicic, Gyokeres in the last year or two, plus Agdestien, Hambo, Asmundssen and Mar Larussen before them :shrug:

So it's fairly safe to say Simon Rusk loves pickled herrings whereas Winstanley despises them and is more of a schnitzel kind of guy.

Can't blame him myself.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
German players are consistent and hard working. They also have a team and win ethic. Add to that they fit into the CH way of doing things. They are just what a club like ours needs, unless of course Zaha is prepared to come south and that is unlikely as...........

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Given we could do with a goal scoring central midfielder, I presume we've at least scouted Daniel Didavi. He's having a very good season (8 goals and 6 assists) in a very poor Wolfsburg team, and wasn't too shabby last season at VFB Stuttgart either. Can also comfortably play on either wing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdnuCUQ9iO0

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So it's fairly safe to say Simon Rusk loves pickled herrings whereas Winstanley despises them and is more of a schnitzel kind of guy.

Can't blame him myself.

Nor me but In terms of identifying players then Winstanley and his team are responsible for *all* player scouting and recruitment working with Hughton, Rusk etc including the Academy. So he will have worked on the Gyokeres signing et al and herrings might well have been involved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here