Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Statistics never lie by Mr Pinocchio

Mar 24, 2010
Tunbridge Wells
With the fixture list nearing the final straight, I predict that one more Albion point will ensure our safety. Swansea will be the key, two draws against both Stoke and Southampton will see the current bottom three destined for the Championship.
My other prediction, an average 6 points against the top six is also on track with 5.57 being the current mean figure.
Form against top 6
Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 08.30.54.png
Form against the rest
Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 08.11.51.png

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I predict defeat at Everton for Southampton will make albion mathematically safe.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
We were safe at 34 points IMHO.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
We’re safe already. Freak set of results to see us go down now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You mean like being 7 points clear with three games to go and being caught by the only club who could overtake us despite us having a lead in the final game of the season with minutes to go?

You're right: would never happen except for Roy of The Rovers.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You mean like being 7 points clear with three games to go and being caught by the only club who could overtake us despite us having a lead in the final game of the season with minutes to go?

Ah yes, but that was us being chased by an in form team, not by a basket case of players who really don't show signs of overcoming the odds - even with a new manager bounce.

I think we've done enough already.

My sights are set on catching Newcastle and being the best performing of the promoted clubs. That's where we should focus.

3pts at Burnley
3pts against Man U
0pt at City
1pt at Liverpool

That gives us 45pts

If the West Prom bounce continues against Newcastle and Watford can put up some resistance, then I don't see the magpies beating Spurs or Chelsea. We could pip them.

This is the attitude I'm taking into the end of the season. Look forward. Don't look back!

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke

So we’d need to lose all our games (possible I’d admit), and Stoke or Southampton putting a run together that they’ve not managed all season, and Swansea Palace, West Ham and Huddersfield all doing better than us as well.

Also your points hardly relative. Don’t know about you but I couldn’t give a toss that we didn’t finish top. We were promoted. That was the target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

larus

Ah yes, but that was us being chased by an in form team, not by a basket case of players who really don't show signs of overcoming the odds - even with a new manager bounce.

I think we've done enough already.

My sights are set on catching Newcastle and being the best performing of the promoted clubs. That's where we should focus.

3pts at Burnley
3pts against Man U
0pt at City
1pt at Liverpool

That gives us 45pts

If the West Prom bounce continues against Newcastle and Watford can put up some resistance, then I don't see the magpies beating Spurs or Chelsea. We could pip them.

This is the attitude I'm taking into the end of the season. Look forward. Don't look back!

Are you Diane Abbot? :lol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It is remarkable that no team in the bottom 14 has managed to get more than 8 points from the Top 6.

I don't remember them ever being SO far ahead of the rest as this. Burnley should get some sort of trophy for winning the Premier League 2 Championship.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Did Roy of the Rovers celebrate with lots of booze for the last three games? The Norwich game was a freak result which I doubt any of us will ever see again.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003

But the whole dynamic is different when you're at the top. At the top you have to keep on winning games (which we didn't) in order to maintain your position. At the bottom you don't necessarily have to keep winning games in order to stay in the same place. Newcastle making up seven points last season is like Stoke making up 15 points now.

Proof: When we beat Arsenal we were 7 points clear of the relegation places. Five games and and a mere TWO points later - we were 8 points clear!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here