Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolves U23s v Albion U23s: PL2 Division Two, Molineux, tonight 7pm

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Albion U-23s extend their unbeaten run in all competitions to 15 matches. Their record in that span (dating from January 19th):-

P:15 W:12 D:3 L:0 F: 46 A: 6 GD:40

They have scored 5 goals in each of their last 3 league matches.

Aaron Connolly has scored 5 goals in the last 2 league matches.

Viktor Gyokeres has scored in each of the last 7 matches (in all competitions).

Brian Munich

teH lulZ
Jul 7, 2008
If the Etihad and Anfield games are dead rubbers for us, I'd like to see them on the bench - with a chance of ten or fifteen minutes on the pitch if possible.
With £2m more prize money per league position, there are unlikely to be any dead rubbers with how close the mid-lower end of the table is.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Eh? The link is to a Youtube video that is embedded in an NSC thread. Absolutely nothing to do with twitter. :shrug:

Apologies. Long story, but You Tube links only appear as black rectangles on NSC on my laptop (yes, I have asked why on another thread; cause for much merriment for Sunday afternoon drunks, unfortunately!), so I clicked on 'Reply with quote' on your post to get the URL - only I must have clicked on something else, because it came up with a link to the match footage on Twitter.
All sorted now, thanks. Looking forward to a rainy day!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Apologies. Long story, but You Tube links only appear as black rectangles on NSC on my laptop (yes, I have asked why on another thread; cause for much merriment for Sunday afternoon drunks, unfortunately!), so I clicked on 'Reply with quote' on your post to get the URL - only I must have clicked on something else, because it came up with a link to the match footage on Twitter.
All sorted now, thanks. Looking forward to a rainy day!

Plenty coming up (booooooooooooooooo)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
With £2m more prize money per league position, there are unlikely to be any dead rubbers with how close the mid-lower end of the table is.

If we are safe by then, those matches will be dead rubbers (for us, at least). We will not get anything from either match, even if we smuggle 13 players on to the pitch without the ref spotting it. And as for goal difference, do you really think that if Connolly came on for Murray with ten minutes to go, or Gyokeres came on for Knocky or Solly, we'd suddenly lose by an extra three or four goals?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Connelly should get a loan at a league 2 team. Get some games, he looked a bit lightweight playing against Men in the cup at the start of the season.

Given how it's worked out for Ben White & JMD, I think that sounds like a fine idea. :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Does anyone know why our women and U23s play games at Crawley/Lancing, and not our training ground?

The U23 regularly DO play games at the training ground. The women’s league rules (certainly for the division they expect to be in next season) dictate that the matches have to be played in a stadium with a minimum capacity that the training ground doesn’t fulfil.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
The U23 regularly DO play games at the training ground. The women’s league rules (certainly for the division they expect to be in next season) dictate that the matches have to be played in a stadium with a minimum capacity that the training ground doesn’t fulfil.
Does that mean Uncle Tony opening his checkbook to increase the capacity at the training ground?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Connelly should get a loan at a league 2 team. Get some games, he looked a bit lightweight playing against Men in the cup at the start of the season.

He is only 18.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here