Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] Heritage Vegetables.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But Mr. Harry, recognising that you are not qualified to do something is not the Millennial way.

How much do you need to complete a Monograph on anal sphincters?

I'm sorry, not getting the double negative in your first paragraph failed to preclude me from not declining to answer the question in your second paragraph.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Why give you money to research on something that by your own admission you are unqualified to research? It would be like giving me, a heart expert, money to do research on the anal sphyncter.

Sorry, I missed this thread earlier. It seems a bit shit to me and I can't be bothered to read any of the replies. Sorry.

It's in the spirit of making me an expert on Heritage Vegetables.

If someone hadn't paid you to become a heart expert, you'd be asking for funding into...well, anal sphincters, I guess.

I have both of those organs myself (although I'm not a heart or Arse expert) and...i'd say..they are both as important as each other.

Your dismissive attitude towards the study of anal sphincters is worrying.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Why give you money to research on something that by your own admission you are unqualified to research? It would be like giving me, a heart expert, money to do research on the anal sphyncter.

Sorry, I missed this thread earlier. It seems a bit shit to me and I can't be bothered to read any of the replies. Sorry.

And, sorry to be a pedant, but..for a heart expert, you can't spell sphincter.

Which makes me better. At least on this point.

If my sphincter (Aortic) goes wrong, I'll ask a proper doctor.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
My proposition is:

You guys fund my proposed research (with view to publication) into Heritage Vegetables. I don't know what they are but here's my commitment.

If I raise £10,000 from you, knowledge hounds, I will spend six months researching this. I will then submit my findings to you for peer review. I think, already, that Potato is the answer but I don't want to prejudice the answer. It might be parsnips.

Be assured that I am academically minded and wish to do all I can to further "heritage vegetables" and make sure the subject is understood. At least by the fans of a minor PL football team.

Once I reach the 10k I will take six months off to do this.

Any takers.?

Www.justgiving.moneyforvegetables.com

Hasn't your second cousin twice removed got his £10M out of that Nigerian Bank account yet?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
That's it. No more nice food until Friday. I've been eating junk food all day up until midnight.

The next three days are going to be f@cking horrendous. :eek:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
There's a lot of assumptions about my proposed research but, as yet, I'm short of the 10 thousand quid needed to definitively answer for you all.

Potato, turnip, carrot (with winkle) tomato...if it was a vegetable..who knows.

It might even be a parsnip.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here