Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Duchess of Cambridge

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
No, a poll is definitely not the way to choose the baby's name.

The level of public taste and sophistication being what it is, the poor little blighter would end up being Princey McPrince Face.

My vote goes for Rameses Niblick the Third Kerplunk Kerplunk Whoops Where's My Thribble

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Oh my God I didn't even know she was pregnant, thanks for the heads up I'll take the day off and nip up there right now.

Can you pick me up on the way. I will be easy to spot. Three piece union jack suit. Massive William and Kate Rosette and a huge banner saying..." Kate, can I have the umbilical cord? "

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Another benefits baby for the taxpayer to fend for.

Now, now - As a hard working mother of 3, Catherine and her new baby will be entitled to every penny of their Child Benefit and Universal Credit, assuming it's been rolled out in her area, just like every other young Mother is.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
To get the very first glimpse, i suspect you will need to be at the business end viewing the royal beaver (she is too posh to call it an axe wound)

I suspect the royal beaver will look more like the Mersey Tunnel.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
No, a poll is definitely not the way to choose the baby's name.

The level of public taste and sophistication being what it is, the poor little blighter would end up being Princey McPrince Face.

Shit, why didn't I read this post before I started my poll :facepalm:

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I want them to call it Muhammad just to see the reactions...

Actually thinking about it Muhammad Jean-Claude Jeremy Wales ought to annoy all the right people.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/nov/05/duchy-of-cornwall-tax-prince-wales-charles

A Duchy of Cornwall spokeswoman denied there was a tax advantage over competitors. "The Duke of Cornwall's income is taxed at income tax rates. The duchy is not subject to corporation tax and the duchy is not a corporation. The duchy is exempt from tax on capital gains, any capital gains have to be reinvested in the business and cannot be distributed."

He also pays income tax voluntarily although there is a dispute over how much.
You really will swallow any old Royalist cobblers.

I've highlighted the bit that is pertinent. WHY SHOULD THAT BE ALLOWED then? What it means is that his business has an advantage over competition in the area. He basically gets free money to reinvest in his business that others don't get, so not only is the duchy robbing the treasury of money they should be paying, but also he's putting more efficient firms out of business by using this unfair advantage.

I wonder if - by trawling through NSC - I could find some posts of you hypocritically accusing Palace or Leicester of cheating by not paying the inland revenue the same as everybody else?

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

I've highlighted the bit that is pertinent. WHY SHOULD THAT BE ALLOWED then? What it means is that his business has an advantage over competition in the area. He basically gets free money to reinvest in his business that others don't get, so not only is the duchy robbing the treasury of money they should be paying, but also he's putting more efficient firms out of business by using this unfair advantage.

I wonder if - by trawling through NSC - I could find some posts of you hypocritically accusing Palace or Leicester of cheating by not paying the inland revenue the same as everybody else?

but they are entitled to that benefit because they are......uh....um.......entitled to it!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

the Duchy is exempt because its a crown body, i.e. part of the state. its the same rules as applies to any government department, so is consistent. this isn't an advantage over other businesses as portrayed, any business can reinvest money without seeing tax applied.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Meghan or kate (pre-children)?

183beb859b5ca1e44724b6fff659e947.jpg

All day long...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills