Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Duchess of Cambridge

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I won't be watching the wall-to-wall coverage on 24 hour news of the outside of a hospital, but as long as the boy is healthy, that's the main thing.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
A woman has had a baby. I would like to congratulate ALL women on their newborns today. May they live long and prosper.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
It's these kind of people that I find most disturbing about the whole thing...
_100990478_hi046362924-1.jpg

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A baby boy!
Let the nation rejoice. Just the shot in the arm the country needs right now, looking forward to Nick Witchell analysis later.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Prince Charles and his family get their income from the Duchy of Cornwall.

Well I always seem to be skint so maybe they could pass the Duchy on the left hand side.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I think Sadiq Khan has as always got it spot on..

On behalf of Londoners, I want to send our warmest congratulations to the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge on the birth of their baby boy. When I informed the mayoral office employees of the fantastic news a huge roar went up, a roar which I am sure was echoed across all workplaces in London and indeed the country.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
i think sadiq khan has as always got it spot on..

On behalf of londoners, i want to send our warmest congratulations to the duke & duchess of cambridge on the birth of their baby boy. When i informed the mayoral office employees of the fantastic news a huge roar went up, a roar which i am sure was echoed across all workplaces in london and indeed the country.

No. It. Didn't.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I suppose he, his great uncle Andrew and uncle Harry will be very close.

Will he be George? After all, it is St. George's Day.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I think Sadiq Khan has as always got it spot on..

On behalf of Londoners, I want to send our warmest congratulations to the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge on the birth of their baby boy. When I informed the mayoral office employees of the fantastic news a huge roar went up, a roar which I am sure was echoed across all workplaces in London and indeed the country.

hahahahahah wait....you are joking?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Just been announced the name of our newest Prince will be......:vuvu::vuvu:

Dazet Wilfried Armel, after another cry baby in the news this week

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think this baby was born a couple of weeks ago, but, only announced today on
St George’s Day.

Conspiracy theory ???

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
the Duchy is exempt because its a crown body, i.e. part of the state. its the same rules as applies to any government department, so is consistent. this isn't an advantage over other businesses as portrayed, any business can reinvest money without seeing tax applied.

This argument seems to be going in circles
They aren't paid for by the state because their money comes from the Royal Duchy.
The Duchy doesn't pay tax because it is part of the State.

Errr...

Let's be honest. We have chosen to tolerate/celebrate having a royal family. In doing so we tolerate/celebrate the exstance of small number of people who enjoy an extreme level of unearned wealth and privilige.

It is what it is. I'd prefer not to have them, but i know that, for now, I am in a minority and there are probably more important things to worry about.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
We've got a cot, a bottle steriliser and some babygrows up in the loft if they need anything.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
This argument seems to be going in circles
They aren't paid for by the state because their money comes from the Royal Duchy.
The Duchy doesn't pay tax because it is part of the State.

only because the situation and terms are confused, not recognising the difference between the persons and the positions.

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
Marvelous Scenes !....

From the BBC web page..........

Champagne corks popped and cheers rang out as the news the duchess had given birth to a boy ran through the crowd.

Those who had been camped out for days led the chants: "It's a boy. It's a boy."

Others began singing: "Congratulations, and celebrations. It's a boy born on St George's Day."

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here