Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Happy St Georges Day

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Nice that for once, we can agree on something.

and i still have fond memories of your (genuine im pretty sure) comment "wow, great post" one one of mine , for.10 bonus points can you remember what it was ?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Having a healthy disdain for the 'imbeciles' that run our beautiful nation, and loving the country itself are far from mutually exclusive.

Your attitude seems a silly one. A bit 'sixth-form' if that's not too condescending.

One can absolutely shun the jingoism and the nationalism, unless you're that way inclined, but still celebrate Britain's fine achievements and merits. The feats of engineering and science. The magnificent contributions to art and film and most especially music. The humour and kind nature of our people. Above all the beauty of our fine little island.

Don't forget the snookerists

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Indeed. Happy St George's Day to all English, Maltese, Palestinian, Portuguese, Georgian, Montenegran, Romanian, Catalonian and Aragonese folk.

And to the natives and residents of Freiburg, Germany; Newfoundland, Canada; Locrdonto, Genoa and Milan in Italy; Beirut, Lebanon; supporters of Corinthians Football Club in Sao Paulo, Brazil, the Hellenic Army. And a fair few others.

Apologies to those whom I've missed out.

Indeed. In fact if you wanted to find a saint who truly encompassed the multi-cultural, multi-racial, multi-faith make up of modern England you really couldn't pick a better figure than the Turk ....

..... so I maintain we should dump him and adopt St Edmund as our patron saint. Proper English.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
All joking aside Dave , ive seen him out , he is one arrogant , horrrible flash bstard.

Oh the irony !.... I do hope you are going to show your patriotism in Russia at The World Cup ? Don't forget your chain mail and cross of St George tabard, apparently the locals are going to do something special for the best dressed.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Didn't really acknowledge St George's Day until I left the UK and settled abroad.
Now it makes me feel a bit proud of England, to be English, and it's a bit of a home comfort.

I absolutely took England and the English for granted whilst I was living there.
In hindsight, we're a truly unique, proud, funny little nation with a lot to offer (in the Spring and Summer at least).

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Your attitude seems a silly one. A bit 'sixth-form' if that's not too condescending.

The nearest [MENTION=27125]Wrong-Direction[/MENTION] got to a sixth form was mending their bogs :moo:

Reading the rest of your post 'The feats of engineering and science. The magnificent contributions to art and film and most especially music. The humour and kind nature of our people. Above all the beauty of our fine little island'.

I could imagine Basil Fawlty telling The Germans that:)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Modern art? Ffs
The towns aren't beautiful and most people are ********s.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

image.jpeg

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Didn't really acknowledge St George's Day until I left the UK and settled abroad.
Now it makes me feel a bit proud of England, to be English, and it's a bit of a home comfort.

I absolutely took England and the English for granted whilst I was living there.
In hindsight, we're a truly unique, proud, funny little nation with a lot to offer (in the Spring and Summer at least).

I agree, St Georges day did afford me the time to reflect on what a great country England is and how wonderful its inhabitants are.

Seems a bit odd to me that some people seem to think that one cannot be simultaneously proud and critical.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Why would I celebrate our tinpot country? Only decent thing is the pubs!

Of course you love our country, it's drilled into your head in the force's, I however think we're run by complete imbeciles .

Modern art? Ffs
The towns aren't beautiful and most people are ********s.

Out of interest, who is you theopist ? They must be very good. I ask as I constantly wonder how you you find so much to be negative about and so little to be positive about that I would have expected you to have slit your wrists by now.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Out of interest, who is you theopist ? They must be very good. I ask as I constantly wonder how you you find so much to be negative about and so little to be positive about that I would have expected you to have slit your wrists by now.
c12ef3365afdf7393cc3f3079df34aee.jpg

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Oh the irony !.... I do hope you are going to show your patriotism in Russia at The World Cup ? Don't forget your chain mail and cross of St George tabard, apparently the locals are going to do something special for the best dressed.
You'll have to explain the irony to me ? As for russia , no i wont be going , but i know some of the boys who took it to the russians last year will be , but you dont want to know that as it doesnt fit your narrative , youd prefer to sit there chortling at russians bashing up ''hooligans'' who are in reality chubby blokes with no interest in fighting .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here