1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A few years back now and if you haven't watched it already, get the DVD of BBC's The Thick Of It, portraying incompetence, bullying and general chaos within a government department. Brilliant.

It's not aimed at any real life political party. But the bully is a parody of spin doctor Alaistair Campbell.

Later, after a change in government, boots are put on othr feet (if you happen to be a Blairite snowflake, like me, and need 'balance'). Written by Armando Ianucci (spelling). Starring a timelord from Gregory's girl.

Now shut the **** up or **** the **** off.

:lolol:

Jimmy Grimble

I thought People Just Do Nothing was the best sitcom the BBC had put out in years then This Country came along. Genuinely hilarious.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
i used to think The Day Today and Brass eye were mockumentaries, but they turned out to be realism. Another vote for the Christopher Guest films and Summer Heights High

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Really enjoyed, This Country, and now getting stuck into Cunk on Britain.

Any others I should be looking out for?

Cunk on Britain caused an absolute storm on a nerdy history Facebook site I fequent when this American totally didn't get the programme. He thought it was a factual programme and couldn't believe how " stoopid" this woman was.

When it was described as " British humour" it all kicked off about the difference between us and uk humour. If you think this place gets personal at times, the page went into meltdown and ended up with the nazi moderators banning at least 20 people and people wading in from all sorts of Facebook pages where people were linking the " discussion". One guy suggesting that it wasn't the Russians that the US should be worried about, it was the brits as they are " all Muslim loving murderers"

Unfortunately it was taken down eventually as it would have met our " gold" section.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Another vote for Parks and Recreation. First series was a bit hit and miss, found its brilliant feet series 2-5 then went off the boil slightly but even its lesser episodes are better than most stuff out there.

Also, even though it's not a mockumentary strictly speaking I'd recommend The Job Lot. A sitcom based on the lives of the staff and clients of a Midlands job centre it's very funny in places. A few episodes in and I really cared about the characters. All 3 series are on Netflix. Russell Tovey heads up a good cast.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here