Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Mockumentaries

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Really enjoyed, This Country, and now getting stuck into Cunk on Britain.

Any others I should be looking out for?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Cunk On Christmas was absolutely hilarious !

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You've just named the two ones I've been enjoying. Both utterly brilliant. Just superb writing.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Personally I loved the office. This is a chalk and cheese show however, half my friends and family absolutely hated it.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Not sure where you'll find it now, maybe even YouTube but I really love this filmed called Kenny which is a mockumentary about a portaloo attendant in Australia...it is both hilarious and extremely hear warming.

Also another recommendation for People Just do Nothing. If you can get over how they ape a lot of Gervais mannerisms it is excellent.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
For films try ,A mighty wind, best in show,spinal tap, waiting for guffman and mascots

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Summer Heights High

Loved that! Chris Lilley is a genius!

I remember the very first time I stumbled across it. Watching the Ja`ime character it took me a little while to suss what was going on :lol:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A few years back now and if you haven't watched it already, get the DVD of BBC's The Thick Of It, portraying incompetence, bullying and general chaos within a government department. Brilliant.

It's not aimed at any real life political party. But the bully is a parody of spin doctor Alaistair Campbell.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
For films try ,A mighty wind, best in show,spinal tap, waiting for guffman and mascots

Just looked at a trailer for Waiting for Guffman. I like the look of that!

I wonder if Chris Lilley took his inspiration for Mr G from that film?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
All of Christopher Guest's films are wonderful - Guffman, Mighty Wind, For Your consideration and Mascots with my favourite being Best in show. His series - Family tree was good too. And, like Spinal Tap they get better with age and repeated viewings.
Edit: just seen Surrey_albion has said much the same thing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All of Christopher Guest's films are wonderful - Guffman, Mighty Wind, For Your consideration and Mascots with my favourite being Best in show. His series - Family tree was good too. And, like Spinal Tap they get better with age and repeated viewings.
Edit: just seen Surrey_albion has said much the same thing.

I'm gonna say it:-

Best in Show is better than Spinal Tap (just)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here