Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Computer experts: Laptop and Adobe CC advice needed

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
The time has arrived where I am considering purchasing a new laptop. And the classic debate comes into play: PC or Mac.

The main thing that will swing it for me will be how well does a MacBook work with Adobe CC. I currently have CS6 using After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop and Auditon but don't think it will work on Windows 10/Apple from what I've been told so CC seems the way forward although I am not too impressed by the amount I have to pay each month.

So, for anyone here who uses Adobe CC:
- Do you use a laptop or Macbook?
- Would you recommend it?
- Is Adobe CC worth it for around £50 a month subscription?
- Or should I just find a way to move CS6 on to a newer model?

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm going to be annoying and say both.

Went through a similar thing as my wife is a graphic designer. She had the subscription CC as when freelancing she was being sent the most up to date file versions and couldn't open them in her licensed copy of CS4 I think it was at the time. She then got a job with someone, and we stopped the subscription because it was just too expensive for bits and pieces she was doing at home.

I think if you are doing it professionally and likely to be sending and receiving files, then you need the most up to date versions and that's what the subscription gives you. When you think of the 1 off costs of the suite, £600 per year isn't that bad for being up to date the whole time.

In terms of PC or Mac, she was using the most up to date CC on a MacbookPro 2007 – and it still worked fine! I'm on a late 2011 mbp and again, still delivering well.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
My wife is a photographer and has CC on a laptop, but with a large screen hung on the wall whilst working at home.

I use it on a PC.

We are both running Windows 10.

It’s a lot of money, but needs must for the business and it’s better than having to upgrade regularly to keep up to date.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here