Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Goals on Sunday: I never even claimed a pen

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
It really is the fable of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" in footballing terms.

He has dived SOOOO much that when he really is brought down in the box, no one gives a sh1t (or the decision his way).

He is his own worst enemy now and has turned into a pantomime villain not just for us but for every other team. He is talented footballer and total pr!ck in equal measures!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It really is the fable of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" in footballing terms.

He has dived SOOOO much that when he really is brought down in the box, no one gives a sh1t (or the decision his way).

He is his own worst enemy now and has turned into a pantomime villain not just for us but for every other team. He is talented footballer and total pr!ck in equal measures!

It's an odd one. There is such a ground-swell of opinion that he dives, has dived in the past, and will continue to do so, but almost to a man, woman and child, Palace fans honestly believe he is the victim of some sort of conspiracy. He's too fast, too tricky, and is the 'most fouled player in the the Premier League'... I feel the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

I even saw on Twitter a theory that it's all down to racism.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
The cheating scumbag was lucky to escape a booking for a dive he took earlier in the game.

Always the victim
It's never his fault

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's an odd one. There is such a ground-swell of opinion that he dives, has dived in the past, and will continue to do so, but almost to a man, woman and child, Palace fans honestly believe he is the victim of some sort of conspiracy. He's too fast, too tricky, and is the 'most fouled player in the the Premier League'... I feel the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Does anyone know if he's the only black player in football?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Oh they're OBSESSED with racism.I once ventured that the only reason Mark (not so) Bright could possibly have a job as a media pundit was through positive discrimination. Apparently that makes me a fully paid up member of the KKK. :rolleyes:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
The irony of the free kick he got outside the box was that the ball went one way, he was running another but actually upon 'contact' he managed to move in a different direction, into the box arms flailing

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He claimed for a pen. Maybe matey thought he was diving so grabbed hold of his shirt to keep him up? :lol:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Quite.

As much as he's Palace, he is an awesome talent. You can tell by how much they miss him. But his reputation is not unfair. It's potentially costing them points now rather than gaining them.

An awesome talent marred by being a cheating palace freak-man.

He's low class but stands out like a honeymooners dick in that shower of shite.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
hang on a sec, is this because Zaha believes you only get awarded a penalty if you claim for it? therefore if you dont appeal, you cant be booked to simulation?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In all honesty it probably was a pen on Saturday. But he's got so much previous over the years that refs are naturally going to be dubious when he goes horizontal again. Thats his own fault - he's made his bed, now he'll have to fall over and roll around in it.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
In all honesty it probably was a pen on Saturday. But he's got so much previous over the years that refs are naturally going to be dubious when he goes horizontal again. Thats his own fault - he's made his bed, now he'll have to fall over and roll around in it.

No,

It's Racism.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It doesn't. For a balanced view, look at what fans of other clubs think, not including Palace or Brighton. Taking the view of Palace fans into account, as you have, completely distorts the truth.

Hate to say it and happy to be led away to the NSC execution chamber now but he came over as a nice unassuming, possibly little bit “uncomplicated” guy in the interview

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here