Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Black Rectangles (a question for the IT experts)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can anybody help? When somebody posts a link to a You Tube video on NSC (as on the best guitarist or best bass line threads) all I get is an unresponsive black rectangle. I can click on the 'reply with quote' button and copy and paste the URL, but that is a bit tedious. This problem has only arisen in the last two or three days - up to then I could see the links and play them perfectly well. I haven't knowingly done anything to change this - can anybody suggest a fix, please? I am using Internet Explorer on a laptop by the way.

......and yes, I have tried turning my computer off and on again! - so if anybody thinks a funny remark along those lines makes them some kind of wit, they'd only be half right!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Can anybody help? When somebody posts a link to a You Tube video on NSC (as on the best guitarist or best bass line threads) all I get is an unresponsive black rectangle. I can click on the 'reply with quote' button and copy and paste the URL, but that is a bit tedious. This problem has only arisen in the last two or three days - up to then I could see the links and play them perfectly well. I haven't knowingly done anything to change this - can anybody suggest a fix, please? I am using Internet Explorer on a laptop by the way.

......and yes, I have tried turning my computer off and on again! - so if anybody thinks a funny remark along those lines makes them some kind of wit, they'd only be half right!

Is it something that only happens on NSC or can you not see YouTube?

If it's NSC it's something to do with settings I imagine...allow URLs? I'm no expert but there are some who will be able to help.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Its your antivirus software try changing the options. Its picking them up as bugs because they are embedded links.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Is it something that only happens on NSC or can you not see YouTube?

If it's NSC it's something to do with settings I imagine...allow URLs? I'm no expert but there are some who will be able to help.

You Tube itself is fine. It's just links to it on NSC that aren't showing properly. Hoping an expert will help (using words I understand!) is exactly why I started the thread. Fingers crossed!

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free

Before you try anything, let’s do a baseline test.

Can you see this OK?

rectangle-256.png

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
It will take twice as long as anyone on here says and cost you three times as much. Probably. Will be agile though. Or something.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

It’s Brexit mate. I told you this would happen.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
ISIS.

Has to be those monkeys again.

They did say the black flag will fly over Buckingham Palace.

They've started with GT49s laptop.
Well, at least that's a more likely explanation than some pillock claiming it's because of Brexit! Now please (in the nicest possible way) f... off and leave this thread clear for someone with some useful knowledge who might be able to help!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Well, at least that's a more likely explanation than some pillock claiming it's because of Brexit! Now please (in the nicest possible way) f... off and leave this thread clear for someone with some useful knowledge who might be able to help!

Easy tiger.

I'm sympathetic but, you must admit, there's some funny buggers on here.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Is it just rectangular you tube videos? Can you try a circle one? What does this one look like (make sure your speakers are turned down NSFW)

a-black-circle-md.png

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here