Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] 'NSC Page Unresponsive'

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
particular dodgy ad is for Fritolay Lays Classic Potato Chips... not even a bloody UK brand.

other thing to note, not getting any other ads (adblocker whitelisted), except one for dice.uk? offering jobs. now i think about it, dont think i've seen any other ad all day maybe yesturday on NSC. so perhaps the ad providers gone pearshaped.

Last edited:

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
certain its ads. in particular theres a banner ad thats yellow and clear misformed, its showing half a stretched graphic. when this is present (or trying to load) the memory use soars. debugger on goes mental with tons of errors, i think its trying to reload, fails doesnt clear, reloads again and so on. have JSON, XML errors.
obvious offending urls are https://vid-io.springserve.com/vd/i?suuid=df5635c3&batch=11
http://vidoplay.com/router/rcl/pop/...er&os=other&country=GB®ion=ENG&isSecure=false
https://events.streamrail.net/srpla...DEzMGYwMDAyMDRmMTBhIjoxfV19fQ==&cb=6331525000

Yes, this is the ad that gives me issues as well.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Apologies for this issue. I suspect it it ad-related.

I'm going to leave it for this evening, as stripping all ads out is not a trivial task (and I need to think about a way of changing that) and these things do tend to self-resolve as anything rogue in ad networks get stripped out.

Please post in the morning if you're having the same problem and I'll pull the ads out one by one in the hope/expectation that things improve.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Still got huge problem. Had to sign in on phone as computer kept freezing before I could finish message. Not as bad as yesterday morning. No problem on phone

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Just had another look. Emirates as at top of the page is fine. As at bottom of page half loaded. Looks like the top of beer glasses.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Still have problems on Chrome, could not refresh so closed page .

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Getting worse on Chrome, barely loading now for me.

Working fine on Safari though.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
NSC unresponsive.png

Oh, the irony...

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Same here. Using Chrome at home (yesterday) and on work laptop today. I can browse the site for a few minutes before it freezes up. Closing the tab and reopening fixes it for a few minutes.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well I'm with [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]. I'm using Chrome and I have had no problems. Nor have I had the 'Aw snap' message. Also thankfully those annoying 'you must look at this advert' adverts seem to have stopped as well (Diesel and Ebay being the worst offenders).

I DO sympathise with those having problems though. At the height of 'intrusive advert-gate' people were smugly posting "Well I don't have any errors" :shrug: - which didn't help us sufferers at all.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
This morning was bad for me, first time it freezed like that, although seems better now..

For the past week or so, however, the bottom left corner was continually whirring with ads loading, and every now again I'd get blasted with audio snippets for a second or so at a time, seemingly out of nowhere but certainly connected with NSC. Makes me worried as I appear to be getting hacked all over the place and worried my computer all infected, happier that others are getting the same problem :lolol:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Its become unusable with chrome, now. Can't tell you which ad is causing the meltdown, as nothing fully loads before the unresponsive bit. I can't even scroll the page with the side bar, I have to use the mouse wheel. I refuse to use edge(microshaft) and I don't get on with stuff from OSX(safari).
Seeing as amazon seems to be a big part of NSC finances, how about getting alexa to read me the pages?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
This morning was bad for me, first time it freezed like that, although seems better now..

For the past week or so, however, the bottom left corner was continually whirring with ads loading, and every now again I'd get blasted with audio snippets for a second or so at a time, seemingly out of nowhere but certainly connected with NSC. Makes me worried as I appear to be getting hacked all over the place and worried my computer all infected, happier that others are getting the same problem :lolol:

Pretty much same, Saturday morning at home, gave up and not looking at NSC at home atm
OK at work, but a bit sluggish

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Not logged in though, presumably?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here