Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] 'NSC Page Unresponsive'

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anybody else getting the board freezing and an 'NSC Page Unresponsive' message? Only noticed it for the first time last night and still happening this morning. No other websites seem to be affected. And, yes, yes I have tried turning it off and on again. Obviously.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Yes a few of us especially using Chrome.
There was a thread Aw Snap (which is a message you get if you try to refresh).

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
It started doing this last night

Just noticed that the site is no longer deemed secure and wonder if the there is a link

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Had it once myself last night, put it down as "one of those things". If it persists I'll take a closer look.

It started doing this last night

Just noticed that the site is no longer deemed secure and wonder if the there is a link

Nope - that's because we don't run as HTTPS (and we never have), but it's something I'm thinking about.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Still doing it to me, has done on and off all day. (Not that I've spent all day on NSC, honest, I've done some gardening and read the paper, I really do have a life, really).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Looks to me that for non-logged-in users page one of the main board is struggling to load 40 or 50 flashy ads that nobody anytime ever wanted to look at. If you're on Chrome and look bottom left corner then you can see the ads all frantically falling over themselves, scrambling to load. HAS to have an effect on the NSC stuff that we, y'know, actually WANT to see

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Still doing it to me, has done on and off all day. (Not that I've spent all day on NSC, honest, I've done some gardening and read the paper, I really do have a life, really).

Same on Chrome. Working now on IE.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Still freezes on Chrome but works on IE.

Yoda

English & European
Was getting it in Chrome too, swapped over to MS Edge and all fine. Have a Java update available that I've not done yet. Thinking of trying this to see if it clears it up.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
For the last few weeks NSC has been sluggish, and this is particularly noticeable when trying to play an embedded video. Also,the audio of ads has been coming through a lot. I use Safari as my browser, and I have not been noticing issues with other sites.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Another one to add to the long list ... recently, on my phone, there has been times where the forum has not allowed me to scroll down. I can click on threads that are visible on the screen, but any attempt at scrolling to see more threads immediately pushes the page back to the top of the screen.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I thought it was my laptop packing in.. It appears that's not the case.

These recent adverts are a bit annoying though, but can not be avoided I guess.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Been going like lubricated lightening since I blocked certain posters. :shrug::lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's still only happened to me the once on Mac/Chrome and that was last night.

I'll take a proper look tomorrow. It could be that the notification plugin is causing an issue now that it's been running for a while and been filling up its data tables. They might need clearing out again.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here