Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] 'NSC Page Unresponsive'

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Its not playing ball on Chrome.

I use ad blocker and started getting a load of cheesy ads with arses staring at me at the bottom of the page.....anything to do with the problem ?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Completely doesn't even show the list of posts on Chrome.

Too slow on IE.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Had to bite the bullet and use Edge, so far it's the only browser that has been trouble free on most things, though I've got to sort out the video streaming buffering. It does start quick so maybe I'll spend a few hours trialling

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I believe here was a flash update last week, a lot of things stopped working on Chrome, including my cough, cough sites.

The flash update may be entirely irrelevant.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Sorry [MENTION=1197]Bozz[/MENTION]er but I have now ad-blocked NSC and the site is working like a dream again. If you tell me when you have sorted out the problem I will un-block ads from your site again>

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
not seen the unresponsiveness, but i have seen popups asking for login and just have a AV alert. I think the ad network has been hacked, or certainly released compromised code.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry [MENTION=1197]Bozz[/MENTION]er but I have now ad-blocked NSC and the site is working like a dream again. If you tell me when you have sorted out the problem I will un-block ads from your site again>
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

You're right Dolph Ins. Switching my adblocker back on means Chrome works well without freezing.

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Getting hijack and fraud warnings from malwarebytes when I open in Chrome on the laptop. Also the page unresponsive messages when if freezes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

You're right Dolph Ins. Switching my adblocker back on means Chrome works well without freezing.

Yes, sorry [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] but the Adblocker has solved the problems with Chrome.

It must be a dodgy ad somewhere, or dodgy ads.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Here's an update from my browser trial. Chrome buggered, Edge useless, as it takes too long to get it set up. It won't display images from a lot of sites ie ebay, lidl etc.
Back on FF now. it had been mega slow in the past, so let's see how it performs on this version.
Also giving Vivaldi, Torch(both chromium based) and Lunascape a go, although the latter looks a little cluttered for my taste, but it is very moddable

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here