Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What is the best BASS track of all time?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Always been a big fan of the bass lines from ‘Tha Chain’ (Fleetwood Mac) and ‘Peaches’ (The Stranglers). Simple but instantly recognisable.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Nobody can doubt the technical genius of Jaco, but does it beat the three note driving force of songs like psycho killer, ceremony or radar love, that anyone can play? I’m not sure...that’s bass for you.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
This far in and no mention of either James Jamerson or Carol Kaye?

:ffsparr

See post #37.

Carol Kaye sparked controversy when claiming in an interview to have played some of Jamerson's finest bass lines (including the sublime "I Was Made To Love Her") but the charitable prefer to believe that she was slightly confused by the question and was only saying she had played on some cover versions for Motown's West Coast operation.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Nobody can doubt the technical genius of Jaco, but does it beat the three note driving force of songs like psycho killer, ceremony or radar love, that anyone can play? I’m not sure...that’s bass for you.

Jaco could hold down a simple groove with the best of them, of course. But I take your point.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Paul McCartney is hugely underrated as a bass player. Took a really melodic approach, the bass line to George’s song Something is so gorgeous and really well thought out.

Interpol’s first four albums whilst Carlos Dengler was still part of the band. Best bass player of the last 20 years in my opinion. Took Peter Hook’s template and brought so, so much more to it. Utterly genius basslines.

Colin Greenwood of Radiohead is decent also.

Chic is a great shout, that stubby bass sound on I Want Your Love is sublime.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Paul McCartney is hugely underrated as a bass player. Took a really melodic approach, the bass line to George’s song Something is so gorgeous and really well thought out.

Interpol’s first four albums whilst Carlos Dengler was still part of the band. Best bass player of the last 20 years in my opinion. Took Peter Hook’s template and brought so, so much more to it. Utterly genius basslines.

Colin Greenwood of Radiohead is decent also.

Chic is a great shout, that stubby bass sound on I Want Your Love is sublime.

I'd crawl across broken glass naked just to stick matches in Reginald's shit.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here