Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Time for the FA to take action against serial cheats?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Deffo penalty, and Mariappa should have picked up a 2nd yellow.
Caught the keeper, should have been booked.
Swings and roundabouts, get over it .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It’s those pathetic wide eyes that just make the **** so punchable. Reminds me of ............

To be brutally honest, it reminds me of the exaggerated way in which the Black and White Minstrels looked when blacked up; just needed the white lips. Certainly very naff, and socially unacceptable in the 21st. century.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Deffo penalty, and Mariappa should have picked up a 2nd yellow.
Caught the keeper, should have been booked.
Swings and roundabouts, get over it .

Ha ha ha ha!

A minute before that Mariappa incident Joel Ward, already on a yellow, committed a foul and the most blatant yellow card offence you could ever wish to see!

You lot are priceless!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Second one: blatant dive.

With the vicious studding of the Watford keeper, he should be on 3 (three) yellows now.
If Hemed's 'stamp' was worth 3 games out then Dwayne deserves at least the same?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
There should also these days be an equal number of penalties to corner kicks as at every single one players wrap up and completely bear hug attackers.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
To be brutally honest, it reminds me of the exaggerated way in which the Black and White Minstrels looked when blacked up; just needed the white lips. Certainly very naff, and socially unacceptable in the 21st. century.

So you’ve compaired him to a black and white minstrel, then the next breath you’ve said it’s socially unacceptable?
Maybe you should have left the minstrel reference out of this debate.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
So you’ve compaired him to a black and white minstrel, then the next breath you’ve said it’s socially unacceptable?

WTF are you doing on a rival’s message board at 7.30 on a Sunday morning? You need to get a life.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013

:nono:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
He ended up reaping what he sowed in the end. Deserved a yellow for diving and another for studding the keeper but the one time that was a genuine penalty he gets a yellow which in hindsight he deserves. Needs to think about the story of the boy that cried wolf

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I would instigate a 12 month ban for anyone caught/booked for cheating twice in a 12 month period. IMO that threat would put an end to it, overnight.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe you should have left yourself out of this debate.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Standards have changed in no time at all.

5 years ago, dives by Ashley Young, Suarez, Rooney, etc, were called dives by the football world (except from supporters of the club containing the diver).

Now even old school players like Shearer and virtually everyone else condone this cheating with:
"The defender shouldn't made that tackle"
"That challenge asked questions of the officials"
"Clever use of the trailing leg"
"There may not have been much content, but ....".

Unfortunately, that's it, this cheating is here to stay.

Often it's ridiculous. The attacker makes a completely illogical run in not going directly in on goal, taking them in a trajectory to clash with the incoming defender making a natural run.

How many defenders take a dive? Very, very few, because they have everything to lose and little to gain. How many strikers and midfielders dive, very many, because they have everything to gain and little to lose. Its the fans that are being ripped off and mugged off here, because we are also able to judge whether its a dive or not, players and coaching staff are cheating on their own fans.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
But what is cheating? In the context of this thread it seems to be about Zaha diving as if diving is the only way to cheat in football. Isn't cheating any deliberate infringement of the laws of the game to gain an unearned advantage? That would then include any deliberate foul - those 'taking one for the team' fouls that clearly fit that definition - a deliberate infringement of the laws of the game. Would we be happy to see Dunk or Stephens punished because in a couple of matches they've had to put in a 'reducer' challenge?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I make that a clear one last week, another today. And many from when this thread started I’d imagine. Surely they need to take action.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here