Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Safe Standing Petition

0 Not allowed!
    I have mentioned this a couple of times on here already on random threads, but figured I'd dedicate a thread if you missed it - seems to be gathering serious momentum and currently up to almost 83 thousand signatures. Strange, as there have been better worded ones in the past without nearly as much attention, but I guess the recent West Brom rejection has alerted people.

Please sign below if you believe rules against standing at football matches should be relaxed in dedicated (safe-standing) areas:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/207040

Currently we are behind both Pompey and Croydon in signatures.. shameful. Sort it out, esp the west side of Sussex

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      I noticed a tweet from the NSK about this, which reads:

"If you haven't already signed this please do. It is irrefutable that #SafeStanding is safer than the current situation in most football stadiums."

I am genuinely curious as to what it is that "irrefutably" makes safe standing safer than the current situation.

For the record, I'd have no objection to it being introduced if done properly, and can fully understand why people would prefer it in terms of atmosphere, it's just the "irrefutably safer" that I'm unsure about.
      REMF Quiz Champion 2016

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Frutos View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I noticed a tweet from the NSK about this, which reads:

"If you haven't already signed this please do. It is irrefutable that #SafeStanding is safer than the current situation in most football stadiums."

I am genuinely curious as to what it is that "irrefutably" makes safe standing safer than the current situation.

For the record, I'd have no objection to it being introduced if done properly, and can fully understand why people would prefer it in terms of atmosphere, it's just the "irrefutably safer" that I'm unsure about.
      You have a set position with a bar to lean on where it is not possible for sways forward or backward. The current situation we all stand in seated areas where it is quite easy to trip over the seat in front, or get pushed into doing so amidst celebrations. At craven cottage last year I spent a good 5mins trying to get back to my 'seat' whilst looking for my old man's glasses.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nixonator View Post
      You have a set position with a bar to lean on where it is not possible for sways forward or backward. The current situation we all stand in seated areas where it is quite easy to trip over the seat in front, or get pushed into doing so amidst celebrations. At craven cottage last year I spent a good 5mins trying to get back to my 'seat' whilst looking for my old man's glasses.
      Got it.

Would it make a difference to capacity, as in would one seat equal one safe standing space?
      REMF Quiz Champion 2016

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Frutos View Post
      Got it.

Would it make a difference to capacity, as in would one seat equal one safe standing space?
      It can be 1:1, 1:1.5 or 1:2 as far as I know. When our club started discussing it they were talking about the 1:1 rail seating so yes one seat = one place to stand. Other clubs may choose differently to increase capacities.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      I'm definitely in favour of it - let's hope we get the petition well over 100,000.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nixonator View Post
      seems to be gathering serious momentum and currently up to almost 83 thousand signatures.
      But if just take fans of PL and Championship clubs, based on average attendances this season thats 83,000 out of 1,249,544 without taking in wider fanbase, so only 6.6% of fans who have signed the petition. So it just seems to be a vocal minority that are pushing this. On these figures I can't see the Government changing anything
      Staring at the rude boys happypig's Avatar

6 Not allowed!
      I don't want to stand up (old,fat,bad feet) but I have signed anyway as people who want the choice should be allowed it.
      "Nibbled to death by an okapi..."