Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Why do Derby fall apart after Christmas?

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Its the same year after year for them...
Just before Christmas - playoffs an absolute certainty, but going for the automatics.
January - looks like we've blown the automatics, but at least the playoffs are still a certainty.
March - we're on a bad run but at least we should be fine for the playoffs.
April - oh well, out of the playoff places.

Amazing that they run out of steam every year without fail.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I'm still remembering our utter humiliation versus Derby.

I can't think about anything else.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No idea but can you imagine this place after four or five seasons of Albion choking?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Most teams have their “way”.

Our way is to never make it easy for ourselves.

CP2010FC’s way is to be classless.

The Derby way? Choke.

:shrug:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Derby have had several seasons in the Premier League and have no divine right to stay the distance in a Championship promotion race to get there again. There are 24 teams in the Championship, Sheffield Utd have dropped away starkly from where they were earlier in the season, as have Reading and others.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Always think about when Brighton beat Derby 1-0 in Brightons first season in the championship 2002 and the fans were saying we shouldn't be losing to clubs like Brighton... Always makes me chuckle :lolol:

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Choking is a little harsh. They're only a point behind and they have a game in hand. Theres only 4 points separating 5th and 11th at the moment so everything to play for.

Can you really see Millwall going the distance?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Choking is a little harsh. They're only a point behind and they have a game in hand. Theres only 4 points separating 5th and 11th at the moment so everything to play for.

Look at their fixtures ???

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Its the same year after year for them...
Just before Christmas - playoffs an absolute certainty, but going for the automatics.
January - looks like we've blown the automatics, but at least the playoffs are still a certainty.
March - we're on a bad run but at least we should be fine for the playoffs.
April - oh well, out of the playoff places.

Amazing that they run out of steam every year without fail.

Who cares,it's the Derby way. Tossers

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Ooh! I know this joke, as it was in our John Lewis Christmas Crackers last year.

It’s err... oh ... Razzoo got it in post #5

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Neither Millwall or Derby will go up. I watch a lot of Championship football, and Derby are hugely lacking in so many departments. It will NOT be a case of a club finding brilliant form in the final few months, going on a run and winning at Wembley despite not finishing 3rd. On Ramstalk there's constant directed to Rowett and also the owner Mel Morris. Unhappy days.

IMG_2545.PNG

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think the Derby Way currently has a diversion in place at January that re-joins in August.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here