Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Which celebrity would you like to see killed by the product they advertise?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
1) Advertising isn’t necessarily being paid to endorse something. And surely most people know this; so why on earth did you type this? We’re you drunk?
2) He certainty advertised leaving the EU.
3) I suggested you’re a :dunce: Thanks for backing up my idea.

I think I have worked it out. Remainer people seem to find it tricky to argue/debate a point without being patronising, or this would appear to be the case.

Thanks for backing up my idea.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Jimmy Saville hit by a train.

If he wasn’t already dead.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think I have worked it out. Remainer people seem to find it tricky to argue/debate a point without being patronising, or this would appear to be the case.

Thanks for backing up my idea.

Argue, debate....this is clearly a thread for a bit of humour....unless you really do want people killed? I took [MENTION=240]larus[/MENTION] posts in the manner they were intended and I trust he/she is doing the same with mine.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Zaha
kestral_2.jpg

If that fails, then the cheat can advertise this contraption and personally trial it in the Mariana Trench.

IMG_2556.PNG

larus

1) Advertising isn’t necessarily being paid to endorse something. And surely most people know this; so why on earth did you type this? We’re you drunk?
2) He certainty advertised leaving the EU.
3) I suggested you’re a :dunce: Thanks for backing up my idea.

:smile:

Edit. Added a smiley.

And you could apply the same logic to my suggesting about Diane Abbot and mathematics. After all, Sir Nige didn't advertise planes/ATC. I fear too much German ale is affecting your brain cell. :cheers:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Aha. Yes. That's the one. Funny how posh pissed old ladies blur into one after the passage of time....:lolol:

I remembered because she lived/owned Clarges Hotel & Spa for decades in Kemp Town.

About 10 years ago I saw her switch on the city's Xmas lights, to a clapping crowd numbering about 10.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I remembered because she lived/owned Clarges Hotel & Spa for decades in Kemp Town.

About 10 years ago I saw her switch on the city's Xmas lights, to a clapping crowd numbering about 10.

Another of that vintage (literally I suspect) was Irenee Handle. Apologies if this was one I mentioned earlier.

I can promise you I never had a crush on any of them.

Denise Coffey. There's another. :lolol::rolleyes:

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Nigel Farage. I’d like him to be in a plane when the moment the U.K. leaves the EU....which then drops out of the sky when all the UK’s access to EU air traffic control is switched off.

I appreciate that you think that commercial TV is dreadfully common and is only watched by unspeakable Brexit-voting council estate dwellers, but you have rather missed the point of this thread. It's about people who are paid to endorse products and appear in TV commercials. Some of these adverts can be quite irritating, and people are discussing, with an element of black, sometimes tasteless humour, how they would like to see these people die, the method of death being linked to the product they advertise. Your post should have been on the 'Ways I'd like to kill politicians' thread.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I appreciate that you think that commercial TV is dreadfully common and is only watched by unspeakable Brexit-voting council estate dwellers, but you have rather missed the point of this thread. It's about people who are paid to endorse products and appear in TV commercials. Some of these adverts can be quite irritating, and people are discussing, with an element of black, sometimes tasteless humour, how they would like to see these people die, the method of death being linked to the product they advertise. Your post should have been on the 'Ways I'd like to kill Nigeal Farage' thread.

Thread title: Which celebrity would you like to see killed by the product they advertise.

Opening post:
Right now, I'd have to say Paloma Faith by a Skoda Oktavia

No mention of television or tv commercials specifically.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Thread title: Which celebrity would you like to see killed by the product they advertise.

Opening post:

No mention of television or tv commercials specifically.

Fair enough, it doesn't say TV (although the Paloma Faith Skoda adverts have been on TV), but assuming they had just done a press-only campaign - are you really irritated by some adverts in papers and magazines? You can always turn the page. The point with TV adverts is you have to sit through them (unless you're watching on catch-up)

And I've never see a press advert for Nigel Farage advertising air travel. Where did you see it?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And I've never see a press advert for Nigel Farage advertising air travel. Where did you see it?

Again, you’re making assumptions. The title makes no reference to the press, merely advertising. And advertising can take many many different and varied forms....not just print or tv. For example I’m wearing a band tee today, some might say I’m advertising the band. And Farage certainly advertised leaving the EU...with the associated issues this could bring.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Again, you’re making assumptions. The title makes no reference to the press, merely advertising. And advertising can take many many different and varied forms....not just print or tv. For example I’m wearing a band tee today, some might say I’m advertising the band. And Farage certainly advertised leaving the EU...with the associated issues this could bring.

Well everybody else took it 'advertising' as being a paid endorsement of a product or service - so what aviation product has Farage advertised? I'm guessing he hasn't and your comment about plane crashes is just you wanting to shoehorn yet another Brexit reference into a thread. Saying that your comment qualifies for this thread as Farage 'advertised' leaving the EU is like saying Lenin 'advertised' the Russian Revolution, or Jesus 'advertised' Christianity.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
so what aviation product has Farage advertised?

You’re being deliberately obtuse about this; I think you can understand even if you don’t agree.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here