Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wenger leaving Arsenal at end of season

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
On SSN they were saying that Arsenal are hoping he stays on in some sort of role. Personally I think this would be madness. Wenger has built the club from what it was when he started, to what it was when they were one of the best teams in Europe, to what it is now. He's apparently had a say on absolutely everything for the last 20 odd years.

If they want a new manager to clear out the shite and get a new playing ethos then that's hardly going to work if Arsene is still there attemptimg to micro manage every other bit of the club and looking over the new bloke's shoulder. It's exactly the same as when Ferguson left Man United, and unless they get it absolutely spot on (or even if they do) then it'll be a similar result, or worse.

As others have said, I like the club because of Wenger and what he did for football in this country in general (plus for stopping Man U winning everything). But because of the fickle fans who turned on him years ago and the self entitled "we should be winning the league etc" tossers, I hope it turns into a total mess. Especially after Wenger wins them the Europa.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
On SSN they were saying that Arsenal are hoping he stays on in some sort of role. Personally I think this would be madness. Wenger has built the club from what it was when he started, to what it was when they were one of the best teams in Europe, to what it is now. He's apparently had a say on absolutely everything for the last 20 odd years.

If they want a new manager to clear out the shite and get a new playing ethos then that's hardly going to work if Arsene is still there attemptimg to micro manage every other bit of the club and looking over the new bloke's shoulder. It's exactly the same as when Ferguson left Man United, and unless they get it absolutely spot on (or even if they do) then it'll be a similar result, or worse.

As others have said, I like the club because of Wenger and what he did for football in this country in general (plus for stopping Man U winning everything). But because of the fickle fans who turned on him years ago and the self entitled "we should be winning the league etc" tossers, I hope it turns into a total mess. Especially after Wenger wins them the Europa.

If you profess to like the club because of what Wenger has done, (l do too by the way), why do you now hope it turns in to a total mess after his departure? Sorry but that doesn't make sense to me.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
If you profess to like the club because of what Wenger has done, (l do too by the way), why do you now hope it turns in to a total mess after his departure? Sorry but that doesn't make sense to me.

As explained. Because of the idiots who think the grass will suddenly be greener without him. It SO not that simple but they can't see it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
As explained. Because of the idiots who think the grass will suddenly be greener without him. It SO not that simple but they can't see it.

I see where you are coming from now. It won't be any great surprise if they fall even further short next season and miss out on a european place completely, then they will start thinking that the grass isn't always greener.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I see where you are coming from now. It won't be any great surprise if they fall even further short next season and miss out on a european place completely, then they will start thinking that the grass isn't always greener.

Yep. Exactly.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here