Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wenger leaving Arsenal at end of season

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
If that's the case it appears that one of Arsenal's main criteria for any manegerial candidate is that you can almost spell out the name of the club by using letters from their manager's name, a bit like Countdown. Arsene Wenger was only missing the second A and the L, whereas Naggelsman goes one better as he is only missing the letter R. So it would certainly be a step up from Wenger in that respect. They may even still be searching for a candidate whose name contains all seven letters for the full house.

So it won't be Klopp then.

Bit like us with Hughton. Change the "Hu" for "Bri" and what have you got?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just announced, who will take over?
IMG-20180420-WA0004.jpg

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I just hope they drop like a stone when the new manager gets in. That will shut up all the goons who have been screaming for Wenger to go.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Viera is doing a good job here with NYCFC who are comfortably top of the Eastern Conference, but there's a big gap between MLS and Premier League football - assistant maybe

Sorry to piss on your cake but Viera is deffo in the frame but he’s got no chance on his jack.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The short term upside for us (just in case we need it) is that Wenger's last league match in charge will be v Huddersfield - hopefully that will focus the Arsenal team's mind on giving him a decent send-off (ps: they also play West Ham next.....so likewise hope lots of good cheer from the home fans, and the team taking a bit more of an interest than the last few matches.

I have to admit that was my first thought too. Before yesterday that looked like a nailed-on Huddersfield win, but now we can hope for a fabulous 4-0 send-off for the great man from his players, with Wagner congratulating him through gritted teeth as he waits to find out whether other results on the last day have sent his horrible team back where they came from.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Did anyone see Wenger's departure coming? I doubt he did.

Anyway, thank Christ for that. I'm tired of reading about the Wenger saga. Perhaps now Arsenal's appallingly fickle support can remeber the man who made their club what they are. It's turned to shìt recently of course, but even in the last 3 or 4 years they've won trophies. Over the years he has won titles and cups and his success allowed them to build a stadium that dwarfed their London rivals for years.

And the rest of us should probably be thankful to him as well. He revolutionised the way players trained, thought about their diets, he brought in quality players from abroad, and if he hadn't been there we'd have had to put up with Man Utd winning EVERYTHING for years and years. (It's bad enough that they were as dominant as they were even with Arsenal competing against them).

Yeah, most of that. He's a bit of a miserable sod but always admired his teams. Especially when you're old enough to remember the 1-0 to the Arsenal vintages. Actually, thinking back to when I did watch a lot more football, I really enjoyed watching them.

Didn't he go a little bit further than most managers regarding support for Falmer too? Or am I imagining that?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
well robbie from arsenal fam tv will be gutted , thats his golden egg fked

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Viera is doing a good job here with NYCFC who are comfortably top of the Eastern Conference, but there's a big gap between MLS and Premier League football - assistant maybe

The ideal person for Patrick Viera to be assitant to, and learn from, is Arsene Wenger.

A bit difficult if he isn't there. :lolol:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Didn't he go a little bit further than most managers regarding support for Falmer too? Or am I imagining that?

I think that was his nemesis Ol' Redface actually. I did enjoy when Wenger got one over on his red filth though regardless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here