Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***Leicestershire CCC v Sussex CCC, Grace Road, 20-23 April, CC Division 2***

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
But its Sunday.....

Sussex 11 for nowt at close of play

Sussex lead Leicestershire by 27 runs with all wickets remaining going into the last day

If I had looked it would have guaranteed a Sussex wicket falling.......anyway, Salt has a scoring rate of 18.75..... has he turned in to a pillar of Salt ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What is the earliest times the captains can agree a draw assuming Sussex dont get bowled out quickly. It seems pointless going to close if we are still in bat.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
What is the earliest times the captains can agree a draw assuming Sussex dont get bowled out quickly. It seems pointless going to close if we are still in bat.

Congratulations on getting towards that 65,000 post, just by asking a dreary-pointless question :moo:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Congratulations on getting towards that 65,000 post, just by asking a dreary-pointless question :moo:

Actually, it's not such a daft question. Is there actually a point after which the captains can agree to call it a day - but not before - laid down in the regulations? I imagine if they both decided they'd got something better to be doing tomorrow and called it a day now there'd be something of a furore - but at what point, if say, Sussex are still batting, can it be called off as a draw by mutual consent?

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Actually, it's not such a daft question. Is there actually a point after which the captains can agree to call it a day - but not before - laid down in the regulations? I imagine if they both decided they'd got something better to be doing tomorrow and called it a day now there'd be something of a furore - but at what point, if say, Sussex are still batting, can it be called off as a draw by mutual consent?
There is a point. Never bothered to know it precisely as it is always a bit pointless by that stage. They essentially have to keep playing out most of the day but usually ends up finishing about 40 minutes to an hour early... the team batting usually declares and that helps by ten minutes...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

That was my point and as an example we are 280 ahead at teatime the likelihood of either side forcing a win is very small. Then it seems pointless to continue

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

There is....some when after tea.....but also you might have the two captains earlier in the day somehow contriving the prospect of a result

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There is....some when after tea.....but also you might have the two captains earlier in the day somehow contriving the prospect of a result
So - forgetting about the challenging declaration scenario - they couldn't just agree to pack it in any time before tea then?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So - forgetting about the challenging declaration scenario - they couldn't just agree to pack it in any time before tea then?

Nope. Official law states :

12.1.2.1If both captains (the batsmen at the wicket may act for their captain) accept that there is no prospect of either side achieving a victory, they may agree to finish the match after the time for the commencement of the last hour has been reached.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Nope. Official law states :

12.1.2.1If both captains (the batsmen at the wicket may act for their captain) accept that there is no prospect of either side achieving a victory, they may agree to finish the match after the time for the commencement of the last hour has been reached.

Yep. And as Erkan says, the batting team usually declares so the match finishes about 70 minutes before the scheduled close

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here