Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***Leicestershire CCC v Sussex CCC, Grace Road, 20-23 April, CC Division 2***

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
In other news, Archer did play in the expensive pub cricket. Taking 3 for 4 in the last over to finish with 3 for 22.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So in theory Sussex declare at tea at 250 for 1 Leicesterhire then have to bat for an hour or am I reading this wrong could they say at tea we shall never get that and agree to call it a draw.which seems to be against the law as shown above.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
So in theory Sussex declare at tea at 250 for 1 Leicesterhire then have to bat for an hour or am I reading this wrong could they say at tea we shall never get that and agree to call it a draw.which seems to be against the law as shown above.

In my experience they would bat for an hour, if they lost a clatter of wickets you would then have the batting side eager to end procedings and the bowling side wanting to see out all the overs.

Although if we collapse its game on.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Sussex would carry on until 10 mins before the start of the last hour, then declare, then with the 10 minute changeover they'd be into the last hour and be able to call it a day.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Sussex would carry on until 10 mins before the start of the last hour, then declare, then with the 10 minute changeover they'd be into the last hour and be able to call it a day.

Yes thats a way of getting off home 10 minutes earlier on a Monday.

Hope our top order can build some runs and confidence going into the next two home games.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nope. Official law states :

12.1.2.1If both captains (the batsmen at the wicket may act for their captain) accept that there is no prospect of either side achieving a victory, they may agree to finish the match after the time for the commencement of the last hour has been reached.
Thank you.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thirty (?) overs left - maybe go for it for half a dozen overs, put another 40 on the board then worth trying a declaration? 230-240 in just over 20 overs would be a very big ask for the batting side, but there's a chance of a couple of early wickets causing a bit of a scare.

Edit: Slightly more overs left than I thought - 35 at tea. Ten over slog, then declare?

Last edited:

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
100 for Luke - third centurian for Sussex this season - well played

Attachments

• 100.jpeg
    100.jpeg
    249 KB · Views: 146

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here