Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If things are settled after Burnley

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Funny you should ask..... - I think this answers your question, plus there is Christian Walton

I should add, though, that not all the players mentioned will necessarily meet the HGP criteria if they have only been signed recently.

By my reckoning Barclay, Forbes and Dallinson will count as HGP, Hutchinson joined from Irish Football in 2015 so might qualify depending on when exactly it was (players have to complete 36 months by the end of the season they turn 21). Mateju and Normann won’t count as they only joined in 2017 so haven’t done the required time.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
By my reckoning Barclay, Forbes and Dallinson will count as HGP, Hutchinson joined from Irish Football in 2015 so might qualify depending on when exactly it was (players have to complete 36 months by the end of the season they turn 21). Mateju and Normann won’t count as they only joined in 2017 so haven’t done the required time.

Des Hutchinson definitely meets the HGP criteria (any player that has been with a club from the 1st-year scholar level will qualify). He joined Albion to commence his scholarship in the summer of 2013 (not 2015).

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I don't think Duffy has played well enough, regularly enough to justify never having his place in doubt. Goldson has been very unlucky not to play this season, and Uwe even unluckier still because he's barely even found his way to the bench - if at all in the league. I think he deserves a farewell, as do Skalak and Rosenior, but save it for the lap of honour.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Sure, but I thought this thread was talking about waiting until it was done, then giving other players a chance. Otherwise you might as well say give them a chance now, as SCC won't get 36 points.

Obviously I know that, but Tim OW was saying it would be settled regardless of the Burnley result.

Yes, I was saying in my opinion I believe we're safe regardless of the result. You are right NOT mathematically, in the same way as WBA aren't relegated .... YET!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I am not sure 2 - 4 million in position money will be the deciding factor, If we are safe then I would expect to see some of the promising u23 & Goldson get some game time just to blood them, if not where else do we do that. However I can see all the first teamers wanting to play at city & Liverpool so they might have a say. As regards BFG, of all the players we are likely to let go he is the one I my heart says we should show sentiment, in deed I would like to keep him, but my head says play a player we are keeping but not getting game time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here