Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester v Southampton

Withdean

Nov 5, 2017
Southampton didn’t play well. Leicester played badly. Must have gotten the Man U West Bromwich disease.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Good result for us really. If Saints had turned up they could have beaten Lesta. Now hopefully Chelsea will crush them in the cup to knock confidence out of them

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Some people need to chill out, it can be no fun living with such negativity and fear. It was a very good result for us, particularly when paired with our draw against spurs. It could have quite easily been a four point gap between us but it isn't, it's seven. With four to play.

One more point and we're safe baring a miraculous turnaround by saints and/or stoke. Yes, it's possible but unlikely, just as it was that we might have ****ed up promotion in the run in last season. Until that miraculous turnaround starts happening there's no need to go into worry overdrive.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You make me look like an optimist. I'm totally happy with just being an also ran in the PL. Winning every week against smaller clubs like Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday is great an' all, but we were operating at a loss and it wasn't sustainable.

I know, I know.

The Championship is a massive money pit that will eventually bankrupt anyone ambitious and League 1 at the Amex is unthinkable. I just really can't get my head round being happy that this is "it". Maybe next season.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
We are 14th not 17th, it would take a perfect storm of bad results for us to be relegated and the bottom 6 playing like the top 6. Taking nothing for granted but feeling optimistic.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
When did we become 4th from bottom?!

Ridiculous some of these people on here.

This. Even assuming we lose 4/4 (I don’t think we will), Stoke need to win 3 out of 4........virtually no chance and
Saints need a min of 7 points......highly unlikely

.....and that’s without considering Hudds, Swansea and West Ham, all of which could easily pick up next to no points.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I know, I know.

The Championship is a massive money pit that will eventually bankrupt anyone ambitious and League 1 at the Amex is unthinkable. I just really can't get my head round being happy that this is "it". Maybe next season.

Are you seriously not enjoying this season? Would you rather we hadn't got promoted? Bizarre. I'd hate to go back to the Championship.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know, I know.

Yesterday's football weekly again touches on this.
Sure they don't go to the extreme that I ran up the flagpole earlier in the week, and suggest everybody gets relegated, but they were talking about the mentality of the Premier League.

Specifically how 'us three' have come up with motivation, wins & "togetherness" joining in a league that contains far too many 'well it won't happen to us', 'too good to go down' types.

Apparently all 3 promoted teams staying up has only happened a couple of times, but they seem to feel it'll start happening more often as the rot of assuming defeat from 12 games a season sets into the bottom half mainstays, until they slowly blindly fall into the Championship.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I know, I know.

One step at a time. If we can become an established PL team we'll have some seasons where we're not worried about relegation, where we can maybe enjoy seeing some of the talent that comes to visit our little city, and we'll enjoy more victories against big clubs etc. And then there are improved cup runs too.

It will never be 'it', because it will always change. Even if we do become an established PL team, we'll still be fighting relegation enough to keep us awake.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This. Even assuming we lose 4/4 (I don’t think we will), Stoke need to win 3 out of 4........virtually no chance
It does look very unlikely Stoke will get the points they need.
Saints need a min of 7 points......highly unlikely
Unlikely, but stranger things have happened.
.....and that’s without considering Hudds, Swansea and West Ham, all of which could easily pick up next to no points.
If we lost all 4, West Ham will only need a point or 2, Hudds only need 2, Swansea only need 3. That's not much.

So it's really just us getting a little more, or SCC failing to get 7 points. An excellent chance we'll be fine, but let's not overdo it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Specifically how 'us three' have come up with motivation, wins & "togetherness" joining in a league that contains far too many 'well it won't happen to us', 'too good to go down' types.

Apparently all 3 promoted teams staying up has only happened a couple of times, but they seem to feel it'll start happening more often as the rot of assuming defeat from 12 games a season sets into the bottom half mainstays, until they slowly blindly fall into the Championship.
Each year we missed out on promotion I felt it was going to get tougher to get promoted the following season, and that still looks to be roughly the case. There are a lot of teams in the Championship that have spent and tried to get promoted who can't even make the top half. So if the quality of the Championship has improved, I think that's why it's more likely the promoted teams will stay up in the PL. Last summer we failed to bring in the striker we all thought we needed, and it's looks like it's not going to have cost us, we should survive with roughly the same team we were promoted with.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Are you seriously not enjoying this season? Would you rather we hadn't got promoted? Bizarre. I'd hate to go back to the Championship.

No it's a real paradox. I'm very glad we got promoted because the thing I enjoyed about the Championship was winning games. Well, winning games, playing on a Tuesday night, not having massive gaps in the schedule, not having massively stringent branding rules and being able to buy away tickets.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here