Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester v Southampton

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I agree, but after the Leicester game on NSC loads of posters told me most emphatically that we'd outclassed them from start to finish, with Murray ruining it. I thought they were dangerous throughout, with quality players such as Iborra and Maguire.
Well they're still dangerous in this, and up until now have been by far the most likely to score, but the final ball has been woeful.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I agree, but after the Leicester game on NSC loads of posters told me most emphatically that we'd outclassed them from start to finish, with Murray ruining it. I thought they were dangerous throughout, with quality players such as Iborra and Maguire.

Iborra granted, but Maguire was extremely disappointing in that game. There was a much better centre half on the pitch that day.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Well, should keep the remaining bedwetters happy, for few days at least.

rel.JPG

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
They needed 2 wins and 2 draws to pass us, now they just need 2 wins and 1 draw. How is that supposed to keep us happy?

Because they've got last margin for error now. They had five games, now they've only got four. The pressure's rising.
And your scenario presupposes that we won't get any more points.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Iborra granted, but Maguire was extremely disappointing in that game. There was a much better centre half on the pitch that day.

I wanted Maguire to fail, but thought he was a man mountain who had our strike force in his pocket. Not just that. when we tired in the last 25 minutes, even though it was 0-0, he stayed up as extra striker causing bedlam in our box with his height. How many teams do that?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
0 - 0

Settle for that. 6 more points required for survival.

We now have a potential safety party - full time at Burnley after the Southampton v Smug Eddie's XI match has also finished.

On to Stoke now - who play twice before we next kick a ball.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We're not going down. Whichever way you want to paint it.
That is far from certain.
Because they didn't get one of their two wins and the odds are now less that they will?
Today's game was harder on paper than against Bournemouth or Swansea though.
Because they've got last margin for error now. They had five games, now they've only got four. The pressure's rising.
And your scenario presupposes that we won't get any more points.
Well obviously I hope we get more, but we might not.
If the GD remains the same, they willl stay beneath us based on 2 wins and 1 draw.
If we lose 4 while they win 2, draw 1, and lose 1, the GD won't stay the same will it! They'd probably pass us.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here