Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] New Kits 2018/19

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
UNPOPULAR OPINION

I prefer the away shirt. Home shirt has way too much white and the back of it is dreadful and looks totally unfinished.

I agree but I think that with a name and number on the back the home shirt will be immeasurably improved.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't mind the home kit, it's not a classic but it's not the worst either. Is it really a requirement to have such a big blank panel on the back? It makes the back look awful. The stripes are pretty wide so couldn't they just remove the middle one and still have enough space for the numbers? Or have the replica shirts with all three stripes?

I don't get all the hate for the away kit. It looks fine but then again I think that Nigeria kit that everyone seems to love is just about as shit a kit as could be imagined. Guess I'm just not down with the cool kit kids.:shrug:

It's all about opinions, end of.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
True, I have just had a glance through the other home kits in the premier league, and I cannot see any fixture where we would need to change away from white shorts, bearing in mind that the yellow kit is being kept as third choice.

Therefore, barring cup competitions, the green-white-black combo is probably safe.

[actually ignore that - I'm being stupid - loads of teams wear white shorts at home]

Ha, I was about to say Arsenal? We could just wear Yellow third kit in those case but last season we barely used the Black third kit so it feels more likely that we'd change shorts than use the third kit.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I just buy classic kits I like from "back in the day" and dont bother wearing the clubs latest kits anymore...with the added bonus that I am not walking round like a advert for whatever company sponsor us at tat time.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Are we now in a position where we can wear the stripes (no matter how shoddy the design of the latest version) at every match where there isn't a genuine clash which might possibly cause players or the referee to have difficulty in distinguishing between the teams? Or have we got a contract whereby we have to wear the away strip for a mminimum number of matches, regardless of whether there's a colour clash?

I quite liked the yellow - we did enjoy a bit of success in it, after all - except that we saw it far too often when we should have been wearing the stripes. The youth teams, too, seemed to me to have been made to play in yellow more often than necessary. Still would have kept the yellow rather than change to the green, which I'm not too impressed with. Still, at least with a green away strip available we will not need at any time to have a third strip!

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I like them both. I wasn't sure about the green, until I saw more pics of it. Like the subtle "camo" detailing. Shame there is so much white on the back of the home kit but anyway.

I'm also a fan of collars and regret that these don't include them.

Nevertheless despite the lack of collar, have placed my order.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I like them both. I wasn't sure about the green, until I saw more pics of it. Like the subtle "camo" detailing. Shame there is so much white on the back of the home kit but anyway.

I'm also a fan of collars and regret that these don't include them.

Nevertheless despite the lack of collar, have placed my order.

Good for you

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Squad numbers are still to be confirmed, therefore we advise supporters to refrain from ordering last season’s squad numbers for players during the pre-sale window.

Will they sell out during pre sales?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
The training top is nice
Training.PNG

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The back of the home shirt is a right mess again, like a bunch of different shirts stuck together.
Actually quite like the away shirt after seeing those additional pics.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I think the home shirt is an improvement on last season, although agree with some that it has a bit too much white on the back, but think it will look good with the rest of the kit. I LOVE the away shirt and whole kit for that matter. First time in years I'm actually tempted to buy the shirts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here