Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] New Kits 2018/19

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
ideal for a cycling jersey version - just where the pockets should go!
Sadly as we geeks have proved many, many times it's impossible for blue & white stripes to be a cycling jersey. :down:

Believe me we've tried.

tiotom92

Jan 11, 2014
Really liked the home kit, until I saw the back :sick:

Hoped it would look better with a name and number on the back but....

shirt-preview.jpg

Why is the name and number so tiny? Also it reminds me of an upside down Tesco carrier bag.

1034704.jpg

I bloody love the away kit though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It really bugs me that. Bloody hideous.

What's that now your third or fourth post saying how hideous the kit is?

You don't like the kit.
You don't like the new signings.
You don't like the current #1 'keeper.

There must be something connected to the Albion you can write positively about, give it a try.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Home kit pretty rubbish. Too much white, weird red square and the back is abysmal even with name and number. Also white shorts!

Away kit quite tidy :) but hoping not double white below the belt as needs some black mixed in.

Best 'recent' kit still the promotion one from L1 to Champ.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I haven't bought a replica kit for me in decades and then I only ever used them for 5-a-side so I can't say I'm bothered that much. I love that the number on the back of the home will be nice and visible, from a watching point of view that's important. But the proportion of blue to white is all wrong. just needs a little more stripe IMO. Green has never done it for me.

I expect I'll get a home shirt for Junior though, he grows out of one a season at the moment so the cost is budgeted in with the ST renewal.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Well we wore green and black stripes as a second strip in thje early noughties of course, very nice it was too.
Loved that kit but it was 11/12 not early 2000s. My nipper had it when he was 5 and always stood out at football training amongst the boring Wednesday, Sheff U, Barcelona, Man United etc clad kids. Cost me a fortune to get "Mackail-Smith" on the back too. [emoji23]

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
TBF the back of the shirt may look better with a name and a number breaking up the white.

It probably would. But sadly I'm over 14 years old, and thus unlikely to ever get a name and number on the back.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Home kit is an improvement on last years, and the away kit will grow on me, with a nod to our past which TB likes to do.

Pleasantly surprised considering all the negative chit chat on here.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Am I right in thinking that the only difference between the home and the away shorts is the colour of the swoosh?

D

Deleted member 18477

No no no! Why would you release a home kit and away kit with the same coloured shorts?

Are we a pub team? Should have been Green or black shorts on away kit!

I do like both shirts though!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Thought the away green looked dull but on closer inspection I think it's one of our better ones. Haven't bought a shirt in decades (for me) but would actually consider wearing that.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Last shirt I weighed out for was the lovely 'Sandtex' away one ... it's going to stay that way.

el punal

I thought we were blue and white , not white and blue

Think again. For many seasons the team played in blue and white stripes with white shorts and white socks. In the 1960s (64-69) we played in blue shirts with white sleeves, after that it was all white kit. In fact the first time we played in blue shorts (with blue and white stripe shirts) was Pat Seward’s era when we started wearing blue running shorts halfway through the 1971/72 season. From there on in, with the odd season of change, we have stuck with blue and white stripe shirts with blue shorts and occasionally white shorts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here