Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our slippery pitch why?

tigerbeesteve

tigerbeesteve
Jan 18, 2010
Bristol
Cant see if this subject has been covered: Is it just me or is our pitch particularly slippy?

My Spurs mate said their forum is discussing it, and counted 27 slips just from Spurs, and I noticed our players slipping up all over the place too.

Is there really any need to load the pitch with so much water?

Great performance and result from the lads!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
"My Spurs mate said their forum is discussing it, and counted 27 slips just from Spurs,"

Is your answer

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The pitch looked superb, I'd blame the plimsolls players run around in these days. whatever happened to proper football boots?

Withdean

Nov 5, 2017
Home field advantage played by grounds keeper the stop Spurs strikers.
Easy to do if you overwater after players warm up. Our locker room crew knew about it!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I'd assumed Ulloa had his astro boots on instead of studs on Tuesday.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Make all the Albion players wear these instead of those stupid multi coloured, lace-less, molded blade slippers. Problem solved.

Attachments

• original-adidas-world-cup-boot43-jpg-da38e707.jpg
    original-adidas-world-cup-boot43-jpg-da38e707.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,191

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Proper studs are what is needed, not those poxy blades.

And black boots!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Home field advantage played by grounds keeper the stop Spurs strikers.
Easy to do if you overwater after players warm up. Our locker room crew knew about it!
Since our players knew about it and wore the correct boots for the pitch, why didn't we run rings around them and win?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Since our players knew about it and wore the correct boots for the pitch, why didn't we run rings around them and win?

They're already disgruntled they drew with us. They'd find even more to blame if we'd won.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Cant see if this subject has been covered: Is it just me or is our pitch particularly slippy?

My Spurs mate said their forum is discussing it, and counted 27 slips just from Spurs, and I noticed our players slipping up all over the place too.

1. What a sad ******* counts slips from the 1st time someone falls over or at all, watch the game.

2. Most teams water the grass for a slick surface, moves the ball around quicker. Gus had the pitch watered up until the last minute when in charge.

3. The players should change their footwear to suit the surface.

4. you cannot blame the pitch/slipping for their performance and the result.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free

We regularly spray the pitch with Castrol GTX.

tigerbeesteve

tigerbeesteve
Jan 18, 2010
Bristol
I was at the match and it's just something I noticed as I watched it; my Spurs mate thought it was a fair result and isn't complaining about that.

It's the same pitch for the same players so fair game, a fair result.

Just wondering what the explanation for the watering was as it happens at other pitches - but someone explained it helps make the ball move quicker.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I glanced at their match thread yesterday and it was chock full of complaints about the dreadful state of the pitch, presumably whenever another attack broke down with a misplaced pass into the East stand. It did make me wonder what they would have made of the early days at Withdean and the half time tweaks to the swampy hole near the South Stand made by a long haired bloke with a spear.

Sometimes the views of other Premier League fans have me feeling like we're a Victorian peasant girl who escaped starvation by marrying a lord and is now listening to people at Sandringham complain about the range of hors d'ouvres.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here