Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tonly Bloom libked to purchase of Belgium Pro B Club Union SG

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Do we now have a feeder club?

We loan out the best kids to go and get experience, then come back. Plus, TB spends a bit of money buying up the best young Belgians, and if they turn into the next Lukaku they are sold to Brighton for a knockdown price.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

We loan out the best kids to go and get experience, then come back. Plus, TB spends a bit of money buying up the best young Belgians, and if they turn into the next Lukaku they are sold to Brighton for a knockdown price.

unlikely

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'd imagine it is a way of getting around the home grown players ruling.

Sign up plenty of youngsters for Brighton, loan them out and if good enough play them in the UK

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

More likely that we send our best kids there, they win the league and enter the CL - our players all ask to be transferred there......

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

All the reports so far say there will be no links between the clubs so no.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Royale Union Saint-Gilloise is pleased to announce the arrival of the British investor Tony Bloom, and the acquisition by him of the majority of shares of its shareholding.

Following the announcement of this agreement, our President Jürgen Baatzsch is naturally delighted: "We are pleased to welcome Tony Bloom as a new investor in our club. Tony is known for his huge passion for football. He understands perfectly the philosophy of this sport that unites us. His investment in our club is also timely, coinciding with our return now imminent in a renovated Marien Stadium. This represents a fresh start for the Union, and with Tony's support, I am confident, and confident that we can build a bright future. "

Tony Bloom, meanwhile, tells us more about his acquisition: "I am pleased to have received this opportunity to invest in a Club of tradition with such a past. The Union is part of the history of Belgian football, and has enjoyed tremendous success since its foundation. We look forward to continuing to build so that we can offer the club and its fans new successes worthy of this glorious record. "

"I am also delighted that Jürgen Baatzsch remains as President. He has helped the club tremendously in recent years, and that with great distinction, even in the most difficult moments. His leadership will be important for the Union to continue to progress. "

As owner and President of English club Brighton & Hove Albion FC, playing in the Premier League, Tony Bloom will not be personally involved in the management of the Union Saint-Gilloise and will not hold a manager position in our Club . The Union will have its independent management structure.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I'd imagine it's more likely he has some plan to use the Starlizard data in a more aggressive manner at Union, to see if it unearths any real gems. And then start feeding that approach more into BHA.

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
i hope they dont offer belgium bisciuts in the catering area.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Why.? Seems like a good idea to me , when you consider the talent that has come out of Belgium ove4 the last 5 years

loads of reports stating wont be a link.

On top of that Bloom will want this club to succeed like we have so any players sold will go for a premium for the benefit of the club.

Could possibly see a few loans of kids if it benefits both parties but wont be a BHA preference I doubt

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I'd imagine it's more likely he has some plan to use the Starlizard data in a more aggressive manner at Union, to see if it unearths any real gems. And then start feeding that approach more into BHA.

I'm sure I read recently that he's sold his share in starlizard. Or isn't as involved anymore.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here