Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Southwest flight 1380 engine explosion in flight

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
The pilot handled the situation very cooly and with great professionalism. Brings back memories of the pilot who landed his plane on the Hudson?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Had a quick look and can’t see a thread on this. As a nervous flyer this sounds like one of my worst nightmares. Having to cope with something like this is part of a pilot’s training but to do it calmly and manage to get the plane on the ground is pretty fecking amazing imo.

How terrifying for the passengers :down:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8d0cb7d48b62

Absolute bloody nightmare. Amazing job from the pilot and from reading your link, if she hadn't have been very persistent in her life, a lot of people wouldn't have let her become one.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Amazing job by the pilot. She was immensely calm.

Southwest are one of the best airlines to fly with - imagine EasyJet, but with a lot more personality and customer service. It is VERY American, but they really take care of you.

It is a total freak occurrence, so if you are a nervous flyer, remember that air travel is still the safest form of transport.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The pilot handled the situation very cooly and with great professionalism. Brings back memories of the pilot who landed his plane on the Hudson?

I remember many years ago a British plane had to make an emergency landing after something went wrong, engine stopped or something. The pilot dealt with it cool and calmly and landed the plane (think he did the emergency landing at Brum) safely. It later emerged that after this near-disaster once everyone had been debriefed and he’d done all the neccessary paperwork the first thing he did was take the co-pilot for a curry. That’s cool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here