Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ulloa - should we sign him in the summer?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Nothing a hair transpant, with a nip & tuck of the face can't fix.

Seriously, I hope we buy another quality out and out goal scorer.

No more strikers IMHO. It was quoted recently it would be a relative quiet window. We all know we need a 20 goal a season player but for what we are prepared to spend, less than 25 million, he is not out there. We are hoping our collective of strikers can rustle up enough goals to make us safe. Remember we were willing to pay double for Andone last season, we payed big money for Locadia, this tells me they are are 20 goal a season " hopefulls".
I really hope I am wrong and we buy another unproven star from abroad but I think the only way we will get more strikers is if Baldock AND Tomer move on. Then I think it will be like for like, back up for our main strike force.
Out on a tangent here but does anyone think Izzy could be even more of a goalscorer this season? Watching the highlights of last season it struck me how good he really is, so quick, eye for goal and a wonderful shot from distance. Having had a successful season in the top flight he just might push on and go up a gear which would make him a very dangerous player. Let's hope he keeps injury free in the World Cup.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It's a bit of a poker game. state we don't need another striker but continue to inquire around and if a suitable option becomes available at a reasonable price then we swoop otherwise the supporters will remain content with what we have. win win from a PR point of view

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
We all know we need a 20 goal a season player.

Do we!?

The '20 goal' thing was a fair metric for a Championship side pushing for success. It absolutely does NOT apply in the Premier League.

If it did, then 16 clubs were found wanting last season, including Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Only Salah, Kane, Aguero and Vardy reached 20 goals.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
No more strikers IMHO. It was quoted recently it would be a relative quiet window..

Argus quoted sources that we weren’t looking to add to Locadia, Murray, Andone - not that necessarily it would be a quiet window.

And if both Hemed/Baldock get serious offers - then who knows - but 4 strikers (+ Gross / another #10) looks to be what Hughton is after.

A new winger might fix that , + Nick Powell was being chased in January.
But it’s not over...yet.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Argus quoted sources that we weren’t looking to add to Locadia, Murray, Andone - not that necessarily it would be a quiet window.

And if both Hemed/Baldock get serious offers - then who knows - but 4 strikers (+ Gross / another #10) looks to be what Hughton is after.

But it’s not over...yet.
The 'quiet window' quote was about a month ago.

Before the Goldson issue cropped up, and any knock on consequences from that - ie swapping Baldock.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The 'quiet window' quote was about a month ago.

Before the Goldson issue cropped up, and any knock on consequences from that - ie swapping Baldock.

I think it was in context of last season. We signed 8/9 players. So I’m guessing the volume incoming will be smaller this season.

Club can’t be surprised or not expected to have clubs interested in Goldson, Hemed , or Baldock mind.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

But it’s not over...yet.

I think we need to get new left & right backs and two strong/big/physical midfielders one defensive and one attacking that leaves us with Proper possibly going to play more forward, though he did not make the most of some good chances he had last year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here