Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ulloa - should we sign him in the summer?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Thought he was pretty woeful after he came on against the Spuds. Love the guy for his work in the past, but he just didn't seem to put a shift in and was on the floor more than his feet. Not for the first time since his return.

Also highlighted for me the work Murray does alone up top. You can could on Muzza wiining 9/10 headers and holding play up to bring others in.

Poll time :clap2:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
What rubbish. He gave everything when he came on with no real service.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sadly not. We need more pace.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Eh? I thought played very well (in terms of hold up and bringing others into play) against Spurs (much more so than Murray). He's looked good in other games too (although he was really poor against Huddersfield - didn't win anything). However, he hasn't seemed much of a goal threat. That said, he's had limited game time. He'll be 32 at the start of next season, but Murray is 34 and that hasn't stopped him from doing well (although the complete lack of pace is problematic at times). Overall, I'm not sure.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Sign him up.

With a full preseason and a run of games he has got at least two seasons at this level in the tank.

Ulloa, Murray, Locadia plus one more for next season.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
He's not good enough for the premier league, unfortunately. He'll do well to secure a decent length contract in the championship, where I think he'll thrive.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What rubbish. He gave everything when he came on with no real service.

I agree, although as to signing him permanantly, that's a no from me. We have an ageing squad with too many playwers the wrong side of 30. I'm sure that there are younger, hungrier, pacier players out there. No time for sentiment in this game, it's time to move on now.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes. SING him up.

( I thought the secret deal was done anyway - if we stay up ).

Locadia, Murray, Ulloa + another new signing ( Powell ? ) would be a great 4 strikers for the 25 next season.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
If he is not good enough for Leicester why would we sign him permanently. Need someone with the speed and energy that a twenty something will have.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not been that impressed with what I’ve seen since he came back, it’s a no from me. We can do better. It’s a yes if we end up relegated though.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If he is not good enough for Leicester why would we sign him permanently. Need someone with the speed and energy that a twenty something will have.

not good enough, or doesnt suit their style? he doesnt have the speed though does Hughton's style require that?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There is no 'secret deal'. l get so tired of all these conspiracy theories.He is here on loan, end of.
Guillem Balague - who knows his stuff - tweeted in January that it was a loan with an arrangement to buy ???

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I thought Spurs was his best performance. He’s clearly not match fit - how could he be? Sadly I’d say we won’t sign him. However we can’t really be the ones to judge. It all depends on wages and what potential CH sees if he has a preseason.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If he is not good enough for Leicester why would we sign him permanently. .

Given that Leicester have been in the Premier League a few years now and have the kudos of a title under their belt, I think there's every chance we will sign players that are 'not good enough' for them. Our gauge should be whether they offer more than we already have.

Personally, I'd sign him at the right price because we still need to bring in more than one striker.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here