Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Favourite BHAFC Chant

Tiptoe through the NSC

Sep 13, 2017
St. Leonards-on-Sea
After a streaky 1-0 (John Gregory) win at Filbert Street on Boxing Day 1980, some of the younger Leicester fans went bananas and were trying everything to get through the barriers at the 500 or so Brighton fans. As a cordon of police lined up to protect us, there was an unforgettable chorus of "We blame the parents". Priceless!

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
‘We all follow Brighton and Hove Albion” (Johnny comes marching Home)

This one, plus "ALBION...ALBION...etc." along with GOSBTS, and "BRIGHTON..clap, clap, clap" and maybe "Brighton from the south" are the only ones that get the whole ground going.

Most of the others mentioned are just ditties that only the few know and don't create an atmosphere...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
“We Are Brighton ........ from the South” has always been my favourite. Can be sung with real gusto.

This is my favourite by a long way - the 2nd run through, with everyone in full voice, and synchronised is enough to give me goose bumps.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Would absolutely LOVE to hear Brighton Aces sung more. The one chant that reminds of a time when I could go to away games....

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
The one I like based on its clever lyrics and poetic brilliance is:
You're f***ing sh*t,
You're f***ing sh*t,
You're f***ing sh*t, you're f***ing sh*t,
You're f***ing sh*t,

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Quite like "In yer northern slums", but haven't heard it in a while

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
GOSBTS Mid game or welcoming players onto the pitch at away games.

We're on our way was brilliant last season.

A long rendition of Chrissy Hughtons blue and white Army, when it starts to ramp up.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Any of the mass participation ones mentioned. One I dislike is "We're the North Stand Brighton boys" / "We're the West Stand Brighton boys" as it feels a bit too contrived and the sort of thing people start doing when they're bored of the actual game.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Any of the mass participation ones mentioned. One I dislike is "We're the North Stand Brighton boys" / "We're the West Stand Brighton boys" as it feels a bit too contrived and the sort of thing people start doing when they're bored of the actual game.

Don't mind it during an injury to keep the crowd going but agreed.

Chants I hate taking the piss out of opposition when only 1-0 up, happened against Hudds this season and Preston last season. Massively winds me up and the only songs I refuse to join in.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
“ You’re scum, and you know you are “.sung to the Palace fans during the fireworks display in October. Even the old retired couple in front of me were singing it.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
“ You’re scum, and you know you are “.sung to the Palace fans during the fireworks display in October. Even the old retired couple in front of me were singing it.

That had the whole of the family stand on their feet and joining in. Nice bonding experience for parents & kids to share.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here