Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Penalties - Murray or Gross

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I had money on Murray for first goal against Leicester. At the time I was annoyed but looking back now, Kasper Schmeichel is in the top five goalkeepers in the country IMO so I've forgotten about it. I wouldn't hesitate putting money on Murray again and still feel he'd score 80% of his penalties (which is just above the average).

Very impressed with Pascal's spot-kick on Tuesday night. It'll be interesting who takes the next one......

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I had money on Murray for first goal against Leicester. At the time I was annoyed but looking back now, Kasper Schmeichel is in the top five goalkeepers in the country IMO so I've forgotten about it. I wouldn't hesitate putting money on Murray again and still feel he'd score 80% of his penalties (which is just above the average).

Very impressed with Pascal's spot-kick on Tuesday night. It'll be interesting who takes the next one......

.....But Murray has scored 66% of spot kicks this season and that return is not high enough for a team that struggles to score from open play. He missed them in his first spell with us, again, on a 1 in 3 basis. Lopez had a 100% record from the spot and Hemed also has a better strike rate than Murray.
Despite backing his striker after the game, CH clearly had a change of heart. The penalty against Leicester was poor. He telegraphed where he was putting it and it was a comfortable height to save. It was time to change and we should stick with Gross.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Why would CH change back to Murray ( unless Gross was off the field ) ?
If he felt it was time for a change and that player duly obliged, then you have to stick with him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here