Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cherry-picking relegated players...

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
I'm intrigued by the apparent fascination on here with Ward-Prowse.

I was under the impression that he'd had a very poor season and was well out of favour with Saints' fans. Perhaps [MENTION=29900]Exile[/MENTION] or one of our other unfortunate Hampshire-based members could confirm, but all he seems to have contributed this season is the occasional spawny free kick.

I've heard the same from a saints season ticket holder. Great from set pieces, but lacking in almost all other areas needed for a CM.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I'm intrigued by the apparent fascination on here with Ward-Prowse.

I was under the impression that he'd had a very poor season and was well out of favour with Saints' fans. Perhaps [MENTION=29900]Exile[/MENTION] or one of our other unfortunate Hampshire-based members could confirm, but all he seems to have contributed this season is the occasional spawny free kick.

You’re right, my Saints supporting mates are not impressed by him at all this season. In fact even before this season they never particularly rated him and preferred Steven Davies.

He is a glorified set piece taker basically.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Salomon Rondon

Strong, scores goals at this level when given service, can be a target man so would fit the system

I haven’t read the entire thread so I don’t know if anyone has mentioned this but I was reading his relegation release clause is £17 million. A bargain if you ask me.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think your perception is harsh. His delivery is as good as anyone in the league, and he works very hard. I could absolutely see CH thinking highly of him. In terms of our current squad, he would be an enormous upgrade on Skalak.

I agree. He can also play on the right (where he can whip in Beckham-esque crosses), and in ACM/Gross position, so it gives us versatility. English too boosting our HGP number, and at a good age too (on this, our recent signings have predominantly been in the 24-25 age range: Propper, Gross, Izquierdo, Ryan and Locadia).

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Redmond
Ward-Prowse
Austin

Yes please to all 3

But I would expect all 3 to get interest from side who will pay considerably more than us.

Of the 3 Redmond would be my no1 of those.

Do still have a hunch Soton may stay up though

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Don't worry. I have it on good authority that we're safe.

Do you have a time machine? or are you in touch with the Gods?

....... mathematically certain is the phrase some of us would look for..... unless it came to something like Saints having to win their final game 44-0 while we lose 53-0 at Liverpool,

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I haven’t read the entire thread so I don’t know if anyone has mentioned this but I was reading his relegation release clause is £17 million. A bargain if you ask me.

Reckon we could do worse for £17m. TBH we could do a lot worse for more than £17m.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here