Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cherry-picking relegated players...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
1) Jay Rodriguez, but that might not go down too well in the dressing room... Snide. No.
2) Ryan Bertrand - probably couldn't afford him and there would be no shortage of bigger clubs sniffing around. Overpriced. No.
3) Charlie Austin - we've been linked with him before and he'd be a good fit. Massive snide. No.
4) And nobody from Stoke.[/QUOTE]. The little barrel chested fellah is good.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The problem or flaw with this approach is that if those 3 go down its for a reason, if they are good enough as claimed then theyve had problems gelling together as a squad. West ham seem to also have this problem. All of those teams have had 2 managers this season to try to get it right.

So pick any player from your list or others then ask these questions.

Is he good enough to raise our average above where we finish this season.
Does he gell easy in a squad or team?
Has a change of manager improved his performance?

These are a lot of questions/risks to pay top dollar for.

I disagree. Very good players, who might also be great team players, get relegated. Swansea, WBA, Stains and Stoke have not been basket case clubs for seasons with arrogant players, disrespectful to their supporters (Villa 2016, Sunderland 2017). Instead, in this one season alone they happen to be a bit worse as a team than the clubs ending up in places 13 to 17.

There’s loads of talented PL players there, who’ll be snapped up this summer by the usual constantly buying clubs (Everton, West Ham, Bmuff, Burnley, Leicester, plus Wolves/Villa?).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
From the relegated 3? What about Zaha?

Only kidding. He's shit.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I disagree. Very good players, who might also be great team players, get relegated. Swansea, WBA, Stains and Stoke have not been basket case clubs for seasons with arrogant players, disrespectful to their supporters (Villa 2016, Sunderland 2017). Instead, in this one season alone they happen to be a bit worse as a team than the clubs ending up in places 13 to 17.

There’s loads of talented PL players there, who’ll be snapped up this summer by the usual constantly buying clubs (Everton, West Ham, Bmuff, Burnley, Leicester, plus Wolves/Villa?).

First mistake. You engaged loonz in conversation. Think of his posts as like a Palace pikeweasel offering you a deal on a caravan. Nothing good can come of any engagement. Apart from the appearance of a new haemorrhoid. If you're lucky.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
First mistake. You engaged loonz in conversation. Think of his posts as like a Palace pikeweasel offering you a deal on a caravan. Nothing good can come of any engagement. Apart from the appearance of a new haemorrhoid. If you're lucky.

Never noticed him/her before, obviously forgettable.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm intrigued by the apparent fascination on here with Ward-Prowse.

I was under the impression that he'd had a very poor season and was well out of favour with Saints' fans. Perhaps [MENTION=29900]Exile[/MENTION] or one of our other unfortunate Hampshire-based members could confirm, but all he seems to have contributed this season is the occasional spawny free kick.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm intrigued by the apparent fascination on here with Ward-Prowse.

I was under the impression that he'd had a very poor season and was well out of favour with Saints' fans. Perhaps [MENTION=29900]Exile[/MENTION] or one of our other unfortunate Hampshire-based members could confirm, but all he seems to have contributed this season is the occasional spawny free kick.

I think your perception is harsh. His delivery is as good as anyone in the league, and he works very hard. I could absolutely see CH thinking highly of him. In terms of our current squad, he would be an enormous upgrade on Skalak.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Can you imagine the reaction from some people on here if we signed McLean. I can think of at least a couple of posters who'd spontaneously combust with fury.

Some might argue that's all the reason we need to go and get him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here