Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cherry-picking relegated players...

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I would be more inclined to cherry pick Championship players from teams who just miss out on promotion.

Mitrovic and Tom Cairney from Fulham (and Newcastle)
Jack Grealish from Villa
Danny Ayala from Middlesborough

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
All the players we sign should not only be better than who we are releasing but for me better than the starting 11 players we have if at all possible

New striker, Winger and centre mid need to be upgrades on our starting 11 .. not just replacing squad players.
Exactly this! This why I don't think we'll be signing players all over the place, only a very few - and certainly not the long lists that some are suggesting; very much quality over quantity.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Ad hominem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow you really are losing your shit, following me around the board. And no, ad hominem is when you play the player not the ball, no ball here so its a straight up flame.

Yet another correction.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Wow you really are losing your shit, following me around the board. And no, ad hominem is when you play the player not the ball, no ball here so its a straight up flame.

Yet another correction.

Ad hominem is the stock-in-trade of the (far) right. You're right, though, ad hominem is when you play the person not the ball, and is about the first form of argument rejected when introduced to logic.
Shall we have a look through your profile and see whether you've ever resorted to it?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Ad hominem is the stock-in-trade of the (far) right. You're right, though, ad hominem is when you play the person not the ball, and is about the first form of argument rejected when introduced to logic.
Shall we have a look through your profile and see whether you've ever resorted to it?

Go for it, why not compare with the bag of idiots on here, the(far) left.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Yet another correction.

No it isn’t. It’s an argumentative strategy whereby you concentrate on attacking the character of the person making the argument, or persons associated (the “crybaby”), rather than tackling the argument. All this ball and man stuff just simplifies it for football fans.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
No it isn’t. It’s an argumentative strategy whereby you concentrate on attacking the character of the person making the argument, or persons associated (the “crybaby”), rather than tackling the argument. All this ball and man stuff just simplifies it for football fans.

Thats what Ive been saying, youve not quite got the hang of having a proper debate yet have you?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thats what Ive been saying, youve not quite got the hang of having a proper debate yet have you?

What, you’ve been literally dictionary defining a term you only came across this afternoon?

What you’ve been saying is unclear since you don’t understand it, move the goalposts like a six year old, have the English skills of a blind amoeba (yes I know you’re dyslexic before that gets offered up again, but you’re debating on the understanding of phrases so you’re fair game) and possess the social skills of a Flump on acid.

You’ve literally contradicted yourself with the quoted post. The sad thing is you don’t understand how.

Back on topic which relegated players would you nick?

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Ndiaye at Stoke looks good and is the big powerful midfielder I think we need. Would also like to see Nathan Redmond and Shane Long out here.

I’m surprised Jack Butland hasn’t at least been mentioned, although I would expect to see him end up somewhere like Liverpool.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I would be more inclined to cherry pick Championship players from teams who just miss out on promotion.

Mitrovic and Tom Cairney from Fulham (and Newcastle)
Jack Grealish from Villa
Danny Ayala from Middlesborough

You beat me to it. I'd rather a hungry player who wants a first/another shot at the EPL than someone like Barry. A lot of players in the top 6/8 Championship sides are good enough for lower EPL sides, most of our and Udders players prove that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here