Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Game True Story

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I work out the time the whistle should go from the added on time. When we are wanting to hold on, those three minutes (or whatever) seem like an eternity. 21.34 the added on time, and at 21.37 I am shouting at the referee.
Sad I know.

Does my head in that we can't have the added time ticking down on the scoreboards.

#1st World Problems

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There's a bloke near me who sets the stopwatch timer on his phone when the added time is announced, and watches it run down. He goes apeshit when the ref goes past the time added on.

Does he never hear the words “a minimum of”? :shrug:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I spent most of the game at Selhurst in row 47 not knowing the score or who had the ball. Just jumped with the rest of them.
Spurs extra time, didn't a player go down injured so a few more seconds added? Must say the last 20 minutes was the quickest I can recall for a long time.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
At the Everton home game my 86 year old dad got up out of his seat, just as Everton were award a penalty (The Bruno incident). Said he was off to the loo. I thought must be desperate as it was 90mins, surely he could hold on. Or he thought it was a foregone conclusion with Rooney taking the pen maybe. When he game back he sat himself down to watch what was left of added time, and was then shocked to discover it was 1-1 (Reading the scoreboard!). The ref then blew for fulltime. He thought it was a free kick to us rather than a penalty to Everton.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I work out the time the whistle should go from the added on time. When we are wanting to hold on, those three minutes (or whatever) seem like an eternity. 21.34 the added on time, and at 21.37 I am shouting at the referee.
Sad I know.

I actually start the stopwatch on my phone at this point :blush:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I spent most of the game at Selhurst in row 47 not knowing the score or who had the ball. Just jumped with the rest of them.
Spurs extra time, didn't a player go down injured so a few more seconds added? Must say the last 20 minutes was the quickest I can recall for a long time.

Moura, so the two minutes added time became four (at half time)

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The wise move is..fill the gob with pie closely followed by a large draft of ale. Proceed. Then tell the boyfriend that you're daughter is a lot better now the Meds have kicked in.

Intimate that her ex is about to get out of broadmoor and you're happy that the death threats are "probably" false.

Take a phone call from a mysterious Albanian then ask if he's still got both kidneys as "a friend" needs a donor.

Rest.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
When we were at the Withdean one of my mates was so pissed he thought the half time whistle was full time and left the ground!

I thought he had gone for a pie until he rang me from Preston station wondering where I was and why there was nobody else on the platform!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Arranged to meet the new fella of one of my daughters for the game last night, arrived in a rush, late not having had any tea, got a couple of day tickets for the south east corner. Watched the first half and went down for a drink and something to eat at half time, it was heaving down there. Eventually got something, best pie i've had at the Amex burnt my mouth whilst trying to eat and drink as quickly as possible, others were doing the same. Heard three distinct loud cheers, but it is somewhat muted down there, finished my pie,left most of the drink and returned to our seats. Said to the guy next to me, was it a penalty and and he despairing said yes. We had missed two minutes of the game, didn't have view of the scoreboards and assumed that we were 0-1 down and proceeded to watch the second half as if we were losing,wondering why Ryan was playing for time with 30 minutes to go. I was surprised by the cheer at the final whistle and thought there were a lot of Spurs fans in the ground. Driving home listened to CH on Radio Sussex when he said it was great to have taken a point from Spurs. Can't believe I watched the whole second half thinking we were losing, but what a great game, mind games at the Amex, at least i went home happy. :clap2:

Ahem. You're a feekin eejit.

:lolol::wanker::thumbsup:

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
The wise move is..fill the gob with pie closely followed by a large draft of ale. Proceed. Then tell the boyfriend that you're daughter is a lot better now the Meds have kicked in.

Intimate that her ex is about to get out of broadmoor and you're happy that the death threats are "probably" false.

Take a phone call from a mysterious Albanian then ask if he's still got both kidneys as "a friend" needs a donor.

Rest.

Only trouble is, he's a doctor :ffsparr:

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
My first ever game, aged seven v Rotherham 70/71 season. We left assuming a 0-1 defeat, not knowing we'd scored in the first five minutes. No screens the size of Belgium to help us then though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here