Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] A small example of what a small club full of small people THEY are

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I assume the announcer presented the microphone to the kid to answer .... I would have loved it is the kid had responded with "Oh do **** off!" or similar. If that was my kid I'd have been so proud.

Yeah, thrust it in the boy's face, waited for a couple of seconds for his eagerly anticipated response, then- when he didn't get one- gave it the old "Haha, only JOKING!", no doubt whilst congratulating himself on his own moment of comedy brilliance.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I was also annoyed by this on Saturday but tried to put it to the back of my mind. But on reflection it is the perfect example of what a classless club they are.

It was very clear that he had thought of this joke before. So he made a conscious decision to make a seven year old boy look stupid. Pathetic. Had it been adults out there able to defend themselves and perhaps come back with a retort then fair enough, banter is banter. But he effectively picked on a seven year old who had no idea what he was doing. it was disgraceful. One reflection he probably wouldn't have done it had it been adults. What a coward.

As for the mascot saving the Brighton boy shot and just standing there for the Palace one, that is only what I expected. Pathetic all round. There is nothing to like about their club.

As an aside I spoke to a Palace fan who was in the boardroom area at the game and spoke to Tony Bloom. His comment was, what a lovely normal guy, I wish we had him instead of Parish. Some people have money and like to tell everyone like Parish, others go about their business like Tony Bloom. We are lucky to have him.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
On the plus side, well played to the seven year old hero for not responding.

There was a brief moment where I feared he'd not understand the big brave Palace announcer was taking the piss and, would, as many small children would in that situation, try to come up with an answer (like, God forbid, "Eden Hazard").

Good lad for ignoring it, whether out of loyalty, sheer puzzlement, or anything else.

That's what occurred to me.

As a kid I had favourite players from other teams. So I do as an adult.

I suggest he didn't respond out of sheer puzzlement. Thank God.

Sick humour without realising the potential consequence with neanderthal viewers.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

On second thoughts, I don't think it can be him, because his LinkedIn profile suggests the following:

A self-motivated, professional and highly capable individual, with transferable skills gained within a large banking organisation. Able to capture the essence of challenges quickly and formulate plans accordingly, challenging the norm where necessary. Managed projects across multiple locations to strict deadlines.

Highly professional and effective communicator and presenter with strong diagnostic and analytical skills, grasping opportunities, challenges and issues quickly and able to build plans around these. Highly creative in approach to problems and communication whilst maintaining pragmatic view. Has vast experience of training and coaching individuals to support continued personal development

Clearly neither of those highlighted skills applies in the scenario under debate here. Also, this bloke was fired by Palace last season, as there were online petitions launched to try to get him reinstated. No idea if he did get his job back.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
"Ask me next season you soppy div and it will be Zaha"

If only.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Club of ***** who believe all they read on their forums. Amazing how they don't talk about the Spurs fan head ultra or the Man Utd hats in the Cantona pics.. Oh or the 10,000 'fans' they seem to have acquired since they became a PL franchise club :shrug:

Anyway, forget that lucky dead rubber win for them - we've moved on to competing against the best in the world after last night :) Perfect way to forget Sat ever happened :)

On second thoughts, I don't think it can be him, because his LinkedIn profile suggests the following:

A self-motivated, professional and highly capable individual, with transferable skills gained within a large banking organisation. Able to capture the essence of challenges quickly and formulate plans accordingly, challenging the norm where necessary. Managed projects across multiple locations to strict deadlines.

Highly professional and effective communicator and presenter with strong diagnostic and analytical skills, grasping opportunities, challenges and issues quickly and able to build plans around these. Highly creative in approach to problems and communication whilst maintaining pragmatic view. Has vast experience of training and coaching individuals to support continued personal development

Clearly neither of those highlighted skills applies in the scenario under debate here. Also, this bloke was fired by Palace last season, as there were online petitions launched to try to get him reinstated. No idea if he did get his job back.

That individual is still the pa announcer at the theatre of sheds

Whether he was the cockjugglingthundercunt on the pitch is yet to be confirmed

In normal circumstances i would suggest staying classy and ignoring the incident. However these arent normal circumtances so perhaps he deserves to be jamie'd

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Didn't the young lad answer Hazard? Sure that's what I heard.

Any news or threads on the Brighton fan at the back on the Arthur Wait pretending to be a monkey to racial abuse a black palace fan in our section? No didn't think so, too classy you lot...

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
That individual is still the pa announcer at the theatre of sheds

Whether he was the cockjugglingthundercunt on the pitch is yet to be confirmed

In normal circumstances i would suggest staying classy and ignoring the incident. However these arent normal circumtances so perhaps he deserves to be jamie'd

I hate to go all Corbyny, but I think we should make sure that there is evidence that the right person has been identified before everyone brings their picnic to watch a good old Jamieing.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Any news or threads on the Brighton fan at the back on the Arthur Wait pretending to be a monkey to racial abuse a black palace fan in our section? No didn't think so, too classy you lot...

Evidence ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

If that happened it is a disgrace, and I trust that you reported it, at the time. We don't need shit like that from anyone following our club.

But (as well you know) there is a world of difference between how an individual 'fan' behaves, and the way a supposedly professional club conducts itself.

Your club is scummy. Own it.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If any tale so perfectly illustrates the utter classlessness that exists up there, then this is surely it.
Many to choose from: from the club evolution by-passed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

I fully expect you to come on here and take the piss (we're grown ups, after all, so fair game), but don't LIE.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here