Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion linked with Norwich midfielder James Maddison

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
I have been very impressed with Maddison. I hope we do sign him, but I suspect most teams in the Prem are interested, not just those listed in the article.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
After the Pritchard thing (and Elliott Bennett) cherry picking Norwich's best young player in a decade would be quite satisfying.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
He’s English so you add the zeros. And no, it’s not because we want to “buy British” - it’s because you have to name a minimum number of home grown players into the 25 man squad and we’re dangerously low on them. So £25m sadly is the going rate for a £5-8m player.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He was fantastic for Coventry a couple of years ago, I'm sure just about every Championship club wanted him then and he's really developed at Norwich this season which is why they were happy to cash in on Pritchard. My Norwich supporting friend has been banging on about Maddison for the last year or so and he's being proven correct at the moment.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A thread that reminds me to have a trawl around t'other rumour sites.
Not much doing although Benfica's Andrija Zivkovic (21) is attracting some attention.

Seems happy playing with either foot on either wing and I had to turn the sound off this YouTube montage, which has to be a good sign:-

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Given our lack of HGP next season, we're going to have to fork out a bit this summer I'm afraid!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I am pretty happy with Stephens, Porpper and Kayal, and if Sidwell comes back we are pretty much covered. I think that if we walked into next season with the squad we have, and now playing as a team and not individuals we will be fine after the Summer Pre-Season. Maybe look for another Right Back too compete with Schelotto, but this year has been all about getting experience and understanding your team mates. It's only been in the last couple of handful of games that we have got the ball in early for the striker.

I do feel sorry for Hemed playing at the time when service was so limited Messi would have struggled.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I would say Zero chance of us throwing 25 million at a midfielder.

Actually there is zero chance of him joining us if Arsenal, Tottenham and other teams are interested anyway.
I can not see us spending 25 million on a player with no top flight or European pedigree.
We will no doubt have to spend some money on home grown players, but I fully expect them to be established or cheaper 10 million mark promising young players.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I am pretty happy with Stephens, Porpper and Kayal, and if Sidwell comes back we are pretty much covered. I think that if we walked into next season with the squad we have, and now playing as a team and not individuals we will be fine after the Summer Pre-Season. Maybe look for another Right Back too compete with Schelotto, but this year has been all about getting experience and understanding your team mates. It's only been in the last couple of handful of games that we have got the ball in early for the striker.

I do feel sorry for Hemed playing at the time when service was so limited Messi would have struggled.

Sidwell is done as a pro unfortunately (at Prem level at least). I'd wager we will break our transfer record this summer on a CM of some description.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here