Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bookies get it wrong again!

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Flashback to last summer - all the bookies have Huddersfield down as favourites for relegation with Brighton and Burnley joint second favourites for the drop with another unglamorous team Watford touted to finish 17th.

Well, the bookies have almost certainly got it very wrong with established trio WBA, Stoke and Saints destined to drop.

I won't take the bookies seriously this summer - especially if they have Wolves down to finish in the top eight.

Also, well done to Newcastle - most bookies had them down for a bottom 8 finish. They could still qualify for Europe (66/1 with Skybet).

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I hate Newcastle.

Not sure why but I think it's the sense of entitlement.

Oh, and us turning up for the run in last season in our speedos and flip flops.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
I hate Newcastle.

Not sure why but I think it's the sense of entitlement.

Oh, and us turning up for the run in last season in our speedos and flip flops.

They are finishing the season like a runaway train (Kenedy on loan has made a massive difference). He made his debut against us in a 1-1 draw at St James Park and was man of the match.

If anyone is going to grab 7th from us, I reckon it might be Newcastle rather than Leicester.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They are finishing the season like a runaway train (Kenedy on loan has made a massive difference). He made his debut against us in a 1-1 draw at St James Park and was man of the match.

If anyone is going to grab 7th from us, I reckon it might be Newcastle rather than Leicester.

No chance. They've had a great little run but you often find that once people start to notice you, you drop off again, and I'm pretty sure Newcastle haven't suddenly just turned into world beaters.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Flashback to last summer - all the bookies have Huddersfield down as favourites for relegation with Brighton and Burnley joint second favourites for the drop with another unglamorous team Watford touted to finish 17th.

Well, the bookies have almost certainly got it very wrong with established trio WBA, Stoke and Saints destined to drop.

I won't take the bookies seriously this summer - especially if they have Wolves down to finish in the top eight.

Also, well done to Newcastle - most bookies had them down for a bottom 8 finish. They could still qualify for Europe (66/1 with Skybet).

Look back to the beginning of the season and most on NSC would have put both Burnley and Huddersfield in the bottom 3 so it's not just the bookies. Not sure about very wrong, except for your lot. Huddersfield could still be relegated but assuming they aren't I expect both Albion and Huddersfield to be amongst the favourites to be relegated next season along with the promoted teams.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I will stand to make a fairly tidy sum for a relatively small investment if Huddersfield stay up. But I won't necessarily enjoy it.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Look back to the beginning of the season and most on NSC would have put both Burnley and Huddersfield in the bottom 3 so it's not just the bookies. Not sure about very wrong, except for your lot. Huddersfield could still be relegated but assuming they aren't I expect both Albion and Huddersfield to be amongst the favourites to be relegated next season along with the promoted teams.

I don't remember anyone suggesting that Burnley could be in for the drop on here, may be wrong.

It was mostly us, hudds, watford, bournemouth, stoke as the perceived dogfight.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Maybe they employed some of the 442 columnists as analysts.

442.jpg

SAC

May 21, 2014
I don't remember anyone suggesting that Burnley could be in for the drop on here, may be wrong.

It was mostly us, hudds, watford, bournemouth, stoke as the perceived dogfight.

I could be getting "most of NSC" and "me" mixed up! Still (from memory) not many did predict the likely relegation trio.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here