Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A year ago...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...I'm not entirely sure where I was.

But my club, our club, had just reached the end of a journey. It started at the dear old Goldstone Ground, the most sacred of places. The scene of so many incredible moments in the long and distinguished history of this football club, we watched it literally crumble beneath our feet. Those entrusted with the most privileged of positions - the custody of a football club sitting proudly at the heart of the Sussex community - did all they could to end the life of that football club.

But we didn't let them. So many foot soldiers took up arms to ensure that those who followed them had a club to support. We travelled to bloody Kent and then, triumphantly, back to Sussex again. We've lost many dear friends along that journey, people who gave so much to ensure that Brighton & Hove Albion survived and, ultimately, flourished.

And boy are we flourishing.

A year ago we had just achieved promotion to the Premier League, that most holy of holy grails. Like so many of this wonderful extended family I am delighted to be a small part of, that night is a bit of a blur. It's a blur of drinking, of singing, of hugging and of reflecting. We'd only bloody done it, after having come so close so many times.

We're not safe by a long shot. We have no guarantee of seeing Premier League football again next season at the Amex but, right now at least, we are sitting in a decent place. There'a a good chance that the giants of English football will be heading to Sussex again next season.

One of them did tonight.

And when they arrived, little old Brighton & Hove Albion stood up, met them head on and more than matched them.

What a time to be an Albion fan.

A year ago we signalled our arrival. Today we signalled be deserve to belong.

I blooming love this club and all about it.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Someones been drinking tonight

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
We're not safe by a long shot.

Yes we are. There's a very tiny itty bitty chance that we might not be. Very far from being "long shots" to stay up. That's currently the "other" Albion.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Someones been drinking tonight
Indeed, noble sentiments that have been observed and distilled through a glass..... And why not!!!!!!

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Thanks Bozza brings back my memories of the friends and familey I have lost who took me to my first games.
My journey started back in the early 60s hope it continues. God bless.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Well said Bozza.

Even well lubricated you ooze poetry from every pore.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here