Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] El Capitan

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Best technical footballer on the pitch.

If you're under pressure and Bruno is covered but you can get the ball to him he'll take it, control it, and give it to the feet of another Albion player before moving to give them an option to give it back.

The man is a super-hero.

All of this.

Just brilliant. Duffy looks much calmer with Bruno in the team, and does not have to cover two positions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
Saw this on Twitter last night, seems pretty apt!

Absolute love the bloke, a Brighton legend. I think we'll be needing him at right back for the remainder of the season. I like Schelotto, but with the games we have coming up & the teams we're facing, we'll need his experience and assurance on the ball.
I also think he and knocky link up much better as they know each others game inside out.
86308c11f10e16471f874eab42fcd9d8.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016

If you're under pressure and Bruno is covered but you can get the ball to him he'll take it, control it, and give it to the feet of another Albion player before moving to give them an option to give it back.

The man is a super-hero.

Did anyone else read that in the style of the A-team introduction?

Bruno could have been in the A-team.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
One mistake in a season then?

I read your posts advocating Bruno coming in yesterday, but was worried it would lesson our impact going forward and lead to their full back camper in our half. I shouldn’t have been, it was an exemplary performance, he not only defended well, but his composure and use of the ball set us on our way so many times, and his runs forward always seemed to cause them problems. Now I can’t see him not starting in our final games. Superb.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Both good players, Schelotto is fantastic when he’s in full flight. Bruno was 100% the right choice last night though.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I read your posts advocating Bruno coming in yesterday, but was worried it would lesson our impact going forward and lead to their full back camper in our half. I shouldn’t have been, it was an exemplary performance, he not only defended well, but his composure and use of the ball set us on our way so many times, and his runs forward always seemed to cause them problems. Now I can’t see him not starting in our final games. Superb.

Yes. I am a bit negative in how I set teams up, so for me, shape is everything. I was also a little annoyed re the flack Duffy was getting, when he was being put in an uncomfortable position, because the RB was non existent.

Yesterday we looked better again.

I do think both FBs need strengthening though.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Great to see the old gang back together and playing with fight

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton

The man is a super-hero.

There was one moment in the first half where he took the ball out on the right wing that not many players on the pitch could have pulled off. Still got it...

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
As has been said before he is probably one of the most technically gifted players we have ever had play for Brighton and in terms of games played and impact/effect the best.

One thing I noticed last night was his reluctance to cross the ball when in good attacking positions , last year (and even in the Coventry game) he put the ball across when he had the opportunity..

A legend ...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes. I am a bit negative in how I set teams up, so for me, shape is everything. I was also a little annoyed re the flack Duffy was getting, when he was being put in an uncomfortable position, because the RB was non existent.

Yesterday we looked better again.

I do think both FBs need strengthening though.

Completely agree, my summer shopping list is pretty long!!

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Bruno had a great game. It was noticeable that Duffy (next to him) and Knockaert (in front of him) had their best games for a long while as well.
Coincidence? I think not.
With the exception of pace, Bruno is a better player than Schelotto in every possible attribute to be a footballer. And he showed last night that with a bit of experience and know-how you do not necessarily need to be quick.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He had a good game apart from scoring an OG for Spurs.

Actually it probably was still going in, but I'd like to see it taken from Kane.

Yeah, Kane will be fine. I heard he's been credited with scoring our goal. The man is a minor miracle.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
another strange comment for me anyway... I wish I could let it slide. But what has Dunk done wrong since being captain ?

He's to young/tall/local/Welsh, obviously. :shrug:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
another strange comment for me anyway... I wish I could let it slide. But what has Dunk done wrong since being captain ?

Nothing.

In terms of leaders, at this level you have a number not just one.

Of course it helps Bruno being on the pitch, as it’s another strong voice, but Dunk is quietly effective, leads by example and his game has improved (imo) with the extra responsibility.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Thought he got better and better as game progressed. However thought very poor in first half as gave wide player far too much room.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here